News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2 PS2  (Read 12494 times)

gadesx

• View Profile
Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2 PS2
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:16:37 am »
Well, my friend CUE have all the script extracted of this games with a tool he did. So its looking for someknow that know japanese interested for try the tools and possibly make a translation.
http://romxhack.esforos.com/post2067#2067

the titles are exactly:
Vol. 01 Phantasy Star Generation 1
Vol. 32 Phantasy Star Complete Collection

PD: If the post don't go here please move :p

Hiei-

• View Profile
Re: Phantasy Star Generations 1 and 2 PS2
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:28:16 pm »
I think the few translators who might be interested would probably want/wait until a reinserter is programmed, to be sure to not work for nothing (as the game script seems pretty huge); because it's always easier to dump a script than reinsert it ^^

CUE

• View Profile
    • Nasío pa'jakear
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »
Ooppps, I'm sorry, I left this project because nobody has interested. I have more projects and I can't wait for a translator.  :(

Packer/Dumper/Compressor/CD injector for Scripts/Graphics/Fonts (extract/insert), all are finished some months ago.

Higgs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:11:53 am »
Wow, look harder for one :p Or I'll look for you (have you tried any phantasy star community boards? There are probably a few out there.) These remakes are right near the top of list of games I would love to play in English. D:
-higgs

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 02:41:42 pm »
Ooppps, I'm sorry, I left this project because nobody has interested. I have more projects and I can't wait for a translator.  :(

Packer/Dumper/Compressor/CD injector for Scripts/Graphics/Fonts (extract/insert), all are finished some months ago.

I'm sure a few translators would be interested, so why not release the tools if they are done ?

CUE

• View Profile
    • Nasío pa'jakear
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:23:10 pm »
Quote from: Hiei-
I'm sure a few translators would be interested, so why not release the tools if they are done ?

Why? I have not seen any english/spanish translator interested in a few forums, and no one has contacted me, so why do they need the tools?

But... maybe this year, cleaning a bit the code :-\

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 03:59:28 pm »
I (and a couple of other translators who browse this forum either regularly or occasionally) have expressed an interest in this every time it came up. What we have here is a failure to communicate :D

(but I only do Japanese->English, plus my PS knowledge comes from a small number of blissful hours playing the games very cursorily, so I might need a little research aid)
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 04:15:38 pm »
Why? I have not seen any english/spanish translator interested in a few forums, and no one has contacted me, so why do they need the tools?

But... maybe this year, cleaning a bit the code :-\

No one offered to work on it probably because they didn't know at all you were working on it ? (at least, on this board).

Another thing, for games with a lot of texts like those ones, the translator often wait until all the hacking is ready (or at least a big part of it, like the insertion of the texts) before starting to translate.

Then, you do what you want, but it's pretty sure you won't find any translator if you say "everthing is near ready" but not showing at least something done (some screenshots/videos/script dumps or whatever you want).

And someone offered to translate the game in another topic, but the guy probably gave up the hacking.

The first message of this topic was saying "scripts are extracted", but having the texts extracted is only a small part of a hacking (it's often easier to dump the texts than reinsert it), so it's sure there won't be a lot of translators offering to work on it just by saying that.

Show a test of reinsertion (either screnshots/video/demo patch) and I'm sure things will move.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:21:54 pm by Hiei- »

CUE

• View Profile
    • Nasío pa'jakear
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 06:02:22 am »
@BRPXQZME, I have no interest in this game (I never played PS), and the final language dont interest me (english/french/spanish/aramaic ...)
If I release the tools, you'll be the first to know  ;)

@Hiei-, the first post says: "So its looking for someknow that know japanese interested for try the tools and possibly make a translation". I no need post a screen/video to show my work, and I'm not interested in a possible translation.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 08:33:57 am »
So why does your friend posted here in the first place ?  :o (there is no interest in searching a translator if you're not even sure to want to make te translation).

I don't really understand but whatever   ;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:40:41 am by Hiei- »

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 11:10:41 am »
Man, I can’t tell you how many translations I’ve made in this subforum with absolutely no guarantee there was an inserter or anything. It really doesn’t bother me in the least.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 01:27:08 pm »
Oh, you're a warrior then  ;)

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »
THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT.

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »
But then again, most translations in this subforum are kind of short, aren't they? I usually just do it for the fun.

By the way, I like PS. If the tools get released, I just might do a German translation when I don't have a thousand other things to do.

xander

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »
CUE actually made a post about his tools back in jan but no one replied = http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=11968.15
xander

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 12:06:05 am »
Yeah, saw it, but the post wasn't offering anything or asking for any help so I think no one replied because there was nothing more to say? (which is normal as he just said he wasn't searching for a translator and also that the game don't interest him at all).

CUE

• View Profile
    • Nasío pa'jakear
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:24 am »
???

Why do I have to offer something not tested?

I'm searching for a tester (TESTER is not a TRANSLATOR). When I release a tool, I go directly to the web, as anyone can see, but it makes no sense to release tools that have not been tested. First a tester to find bugs, then, "possibly", a translation, because i saw the name of the games in some lists ("most wanted translations").

If I have explained wrong (english isn't my native language), I apologize for that.
If this is not the correct web to find a tester, I apologize for that, this not happen again, I can look in other websites, I searched a tester on many websites, and RHDN was the last. First in spanish webs, it is easier for me.

Again:
* I have no interest in these games, I was only interested in the compression method used.
* I've never talked to translate the game, only on a possible translation, and I never said I was to take part.
* I asked for a tester, first a tester to find bugs, then, "possibly", a translation.

I no need waste my time with these discussions.

Huei-, you are free to release yout own tools, tested or not tested.

saito

• View Profile
    • .:TransGen:.
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 10:20:14 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but why don't you make a -"Help Wanted Ads" post in the betatesting section? You'll get exactly what you want, if you're looking for testers  :thumbsup:
.: TransGen :.

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 10:24:14 am »
You don't have to do anything. You're even getting offered something (willing translators).  I'd bet said translators would also test your tools. Though I'm curious what you want to have tested that you can't do on your own?

By the way, it's of course your decision, but non-tested tools are probably better than no tools at all.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 02:18:42 pm »
You didn't probably understand what I said, I never said you had to offer something.

It's just that the post of your friend was a bit weird, because it was implying you were interested by this project/searching translators.

About my last message I was answering to xander, who was saying more or less that no one answered to your first post, so I was saying there was no need for an answer as you were searching for nothing (from what you said).

I don't really have any interest in hacking this game personally, and even if I was interested, I wouldn't need to release some tools because I could then translate it myself and directly release a translation.

There's no problem at all, I think it's just a misunderstanding coming from the post of your friend which was rather vague (when I say "offering", take it as "to ask for", so I was saying you were asking for nothing, so there was no need to reply to the first post xander pointed out).

So you are searching a tester? Some people still might be interested to help you (this board has been created to share/help so you're in the right place), but I think you should precise what you mean about a "tester".

To beta-test the game with a version where the japanese texts has been extracted/reinserted? If not, what the tester would have to do?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:09:14 pm by Hiei- »