News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: no$sns and docs to match.  (Read 3720 times)

FAST6191

• View Profile
no$sns and docs to match.
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »
I did not see any discussion yet and although I am not much of a snes hacker I thought would link it up at least (read I am far too lazy to figure out how to post news right now).

New snes emulator that should be sporting a nice debugger in no$sns and new docs to go along with it.
http://nocash.emubase.de/sns.htm
http://nocash.emubase.de/fullsnes.htm
http://nocash.emubase.de/fullsnes.txt

Apparently not quite ready for primetime just yet but in the meantime it should be a nice stopgap between fiddling with/swearing at snes9x/zsnes and sacrificing a goat to the hardware spirits to get bsnes/Laevateinn running speedily.

Discussion threads
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=8651
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=8652

If the naming schema sounds familiar it is because one Mr Korth who made no$gba and no$gmb both of which have been counted among the top DS, GBA, GBC and GB emulators (all of which have the ability to debug games at a top notch level if you get the right version) and hardware docs that just about every GB,GBC, GBA and DS rom hacker that does not stick to known formats/premade tools has bookmarked and probably half memorised.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: no$sns and docs to match.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:28:13 pm »
Wait wait wait what. I thought Martin Korth vanished from the Internet or something?

EDIT: Oh this is gonna be glorious. Emphasis on "gonna be," because it hangs up about halfway through the BoF2 retranslation's intro. But it looked/sounded good up until then. (And Geiger's never could run the intro, anyway. >_>) Also, the options panel could use some tweaking - I'm not sure how I'm supposed to configure a gamepad, and it still tellingly says "no$nes" in the title bar. All the same: VRAM VIEWER! :3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:35:13 pm by Ryusui »
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:33:07 pm »
You know, every time I see his request for an Amiga 500, I feel slightly guilty.

I have an NTSC a500 sitting in the garage, probably taking damage from the Virginia climate :|
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:01:19 pm »
I have one in storage, though I'd never part with it. I can use WinUAE, yeah, but that sucker was my first game console, man. Little did I suspect it at the time, but I had the freakin' PS3 of the late '80s.

It still has the best version of Carmen Sandiego. >_> And considering my scattershot approach to getting games for it (which is to say, "whatever the hell was in the bargain bin"), it's a miracle in retrospect that I ended up with legends like Lemmings and Thexder - both of which, funnily enough, are now available on the actual PS3. XD
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »
As awesome as the system itself is, I’m not going to be getting anything else for it, unless I want to shell out more than what I paid for the system (booyah $5 it’s just this but still :P)
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

FinS

• View Profile
    • nothing much
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »
I'm loving the vram viewer and IO viewer.  It looks like there may be some information on the hardware spec page that hasn't been documented before. Not sure but there certainly is a lot.  I had no idea such a treasure trove existed, thank you.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:07 pm »
I remember looking at his NES debugger once. Does his debugger still output opcodes in x86 mnemonics rather than 65816? :P

Known Problems

GUIs of Copiers and Cheat Devices should be working (but without actually emulating FDDs or Patches)
Emulating a copier :D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 04:42:05 am »
I think you can choose between two kinds of mnemonics in the options. But I didn't find any way to display a list of all defined breakpoints, which is very inconvenient. Furthermore I didn't find the VRAM viewer too useful, maybe except for the OAM viewer. The tile viewers displayed only garbage in all three games I tried. It's impressive though that even in its first release it properly emulates Far East of Eden Zero, along with its special chip.

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 07:59:31 am »
has anyone run the satellaview bios on it yet? some of the shop item descriptions are a little...NSFW :o