News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Langrisser IV (Playstation) English Translation Released!  (Read 20690 times)

Drake3

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Langrisser IV (Playstation) English Translation Released!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 02:52:44 pm »
Sorry, it doesn't specify and also the one from emuparadise doesn't have music on the world map. (even before being patched) However, it does come with two .ape files which are named track 2 and track 3. I converted them to .mp3 files using SUPER and I am able to play them. Looking up a video with the world map music working, I can confirm that the track 2 song is the world map song. (The other could be credits, perhaps?) I don't know how to insert the tracks back into the image though.

If anyone happens to know how to insert audio tracks into a cd image, while preserving the rest of the data on the image, I would be pleased.  :)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 04:20:52 pm »
I just tried out the rip that was on emuparadise and I can confirm that it its damaged. 
The first track from the rip on emuparadise is 352,800 bytes larger then it's supposed to be. Though this does not necessarily mean the patch will mess up with this rip but all the Redbook will be broken regardless.   

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »
Sorry, it doesn't specify and also the one from emuparadise doesn't have music on the world map. (even before being patched) However, it does come with two .ape files which are named track 2 and track 3. I converted them to .mp3 files using SUPER and I am able to play them. Looking up a video with the world map music working, I can confirm that the track 2 song is the world map song. (The other could be credits, perhaps?) I don't know how to insert the tracks back into the image though.

If anyone happens to know how to insert audio tracks into a cd image, while preserving the rest of the data on the image, I would be pleased.  :)

You could burn or just mount the image, then re-rip it to a different format.

The decompression of the downloaded archive is meant to be done with Pakkiso,  though you can also do it manually. I don't know why the resulting format for the audio is "Bin". You can simply rename that to wav, and edit the cue file accordingly.

Edit: I just tested it with the particular image from EP, and it won't work. Normally I should be able to re-rip the mounted image, but that's not possible presumably because of the audio problems.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:38:34 pm by Starscream »

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »
I just tried out the rip that was on emuparadise and I can confirm that it its damaged. 
I made a patch that will fix this. I'm guessing this is the only rip on the internet, aside from the one on your website?
I included it with the English patch and I re-submitted it, I also made some minor changes to the patcher. 

February 29, 2012, 09:58:02 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It's up now.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:58:02 am by Burnt Lasagna »

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 12:21:34 pm »
Much appreciated on the patch.  And I tried to jump through all sorts of hoops to get the Emuparadise copy working as well, to no avail.  I think the ISO itself is sort of okay, but getting the audio to work with it is completely borked.  I never could get it to mount properly, and pSX would only run the BIN sans audio files.  I didn't try to patch that BIN, by the way, so I have no idea what would happen if one did.  Best to just get it from the alternate source, or have a legit disc.  ;)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »
I never could get it to mount properly, and pSX would only run the BIN sans audio files.  I didn't try to patch that BIN, by the way, so I have no idea what would happen if one did.

Wait, I'm confused. Did you use the "bad rip fix" patch on your Emuparadise copy and it still didn't work (it did for me)?