News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Magna Carta Phantom Of Avalanche - Partial Patch!  (Read 30841 times)

RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: RPGuy

Image too big to run on the main page.

For those of you not aware Magna Carta is an 3D style RPG from Korea. The second game in the series had a North American release on  the Playstation 2 called Magna Carta: Tears of Blood. Most EB Game stores only got 2 or maybe 3 if lucky of this game in. The graphics are amazing. However the first game (Magna Carta Phantom of Avalanche) was never released in North American. But thanks to the people at Lakuuna there's a small partial english translation of thie WIndows XP based RPG. I highly recomend this game.

RHDN Magna Carta Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.lakuuna.org/)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:59:54 am by Nightcrawler »

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Re: Translations: Magna Carta Phantom Of Avalanche - Partial Patch!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 09:06:01 pm »
The name of our group's Lakuuna, not Lukuuna... though it's pretty much just me now...

Anyways, this partial translation patch will translate the first pieces of the game, and the translation has gone through several editing phases.

As for the translation patch version, I'd consider it to be something around .11

I'll work on this game as soon as I can find another translator to help me with it, but, seeing as it has been years now since any real new work has been done, I figured I'd release what I have in hopes of gaining a Korean translator's attention.  D did all the hacking work as well as the beautiful graphics work, so thank him for that.

As for notes, the only thing you really need to do to apply this patch is extract it to the game's directory.  You'll need the game's latest patch, 1.04a, though I doubt you'll be able to get the game to run without it anyways. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 01:54:02 am by Talbain »

D

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:29:20 am »
OH MY GOD, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

Talbain: Did you ever recover the scripts that used to be on the T2D board? If not, I'll try to see if I have them on backup CDs when I go back to America some time between now and September.

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:24:39 am »
I've never managed to recover those scripts.

D

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 07:26:22 am »
Damn ... Didn't Venatyr have me email him some kind of backup of the Lakuuna board from then?

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:36 am »
Yes and no?  The files that were recovered for Magna Carta, at least the translation, was not complete.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 09:09:45 am »
The name of our group's Lakuuna, not Lukuuna... though it's pretty much just me now...

Anyways, this partial translation patch will translate the first pieces of the game, and the translation has gone through several editing phases.

As for the translation patch version, I'd consider it to be something around .11

I'll work on this game as soon as I can find another translator to help me with it, but, seeing as it has been years now since any real new work has been done, I figured I'd release what I have in hopes of gaining a Korean translator's attention.  D did all the hacking work as well as the beautiful graphics work, so thank him for that.

As for notes, the only thing you really need to do to apply this patch is extract it to the game's directory.  You'll need the game's latest patch, 1.04a, though I doubt you'll be able to get the game to run without it anyways. :)

Not to be an ass, but ever hear of a readme file? Might be useful for anyone downloading that file to know what it is, what to do with, what version it is, etc.

All patches with no versions get labeled as 1.0 here because we don't want a bunch of blank version entries and the version is used for the link to the patch.

Technically, we probably shouldn't carry it here anyway since it is not a patch and contains copyrighted game files to replace. However, IPS patches can technically contain the same material depending on the modifications contained, so.. oh well.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 01:42:21 pm »
I'd really prefer that it be a complete translation myself, but I really don't see that happening unless I become a super-hacker. 

D

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 01:47:45 pm »
You could always just release it as a NINJA patch ... it's not like anyone playing this game doesn't have Windows.

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 08:02:53 pm »
You could always just release it as a NINJA patch ... it's not like anyone playing this game doesn't have Windows.

Windows, yes. .NET? Probably not.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

D

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 01:05:28 am »
Command line, yes?

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 01:25:56 am »
Command line, yes?

Smart enough to use it via command line? Probably not...
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

RPGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 03:35:42 am »
Update to add to info pages:

Official English site of game: http://pc.magnacarta.co.kr/en/main.php
Dev: Softmax
Year: copyright is indicated 2001

Also if there's anything I can do to help let me know... I really want to see this game translated but I have few programing skills & know no Korean. I would be quite happy to help test... my system is up to the task of resource heavy tasks.

And anyone who uses the current official ati drivers for their video cards will have .net. And I'd hope any one  who can find this patch anyways knows how to use .net or at least use google to find out how to use .net. :-p

Sorry for the mistype of your group name.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 03:59:57 am »

Also if there's anything I can do to help let me know... I really want to see this game translated but I have few programing skills & know no Korean. I would be quite happy to help test... my system is up to the task of resource heavy tasks.

And anyone who uses the current official ati drivers for their video cards will have .net. And I'd hope any one  who can find this patch anyways knows how to use .net or at least use google to find out how to use .net. :-p

You don't actually need the Catalyst Control Center to run ATI's lastest drivers...
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

D

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 05:45:54 am »
I think it's more an issue of WHICH .NET. NINJA needs .NET 2.0. Are these drivers .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0? They are totally different, and you can have both on your machine.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 07:23:01 am »

I updated the site with the information you provided, thanks.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

RPGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 10:55:02 pm »
Well most people using ati are using the catalyst control center. Easiest way of controling those bug***s.
They are .net 1.1 & installing .net 2.0 broke my ati control center but oh well... I have more apps that use .net 2.0 then 1.1 & now I run a nvidia. Did I mention how ati never responded to my replay for a request for help on the control center?  >:D Anyways, I don't know much about Ninja patcher(s) but why not use a straight diff binary diff program?