News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 12515 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:06:58 pm »
Megaman hacks are the main reason I come here. It's nice to see another extensive hack. ...I'm wondering where the music came from. The only song I recognize is the Silence stage them from the F-Zero series. The rest I don't recognize, but some of the music sounds like it came out of a pirated game. (No offense)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:07 pm »
The boss selected music is from Atlantis no Nazo.
The boss defeated music is from Pokemon.

I actually can't recognize any of the regular level music myself.

Also, someone forgot to tell the author actual vertical scrolling isn't allowed in the NES Mega Man games. :D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »
The boss selected music is from Atlantis no Nazo.
The boss defeated music is from Pokemon.

I actually can't recognize any of the regular level music myself.

Also, someone forgot to tell the author actual vertical scrolling isn't allowed in the NES Mega Man games. :D

I had just beaten my first boss. Drill Man can be a little pesky, but his attacks are pretty easy to dodge. Watch out, though! He does this one move during a pinch, when a column starts shaking, he's going to sucker punch you with an auto-kill move if you don't move ASAP. That one move makes the fight a nerve-wrecker.

Alright, after beating him, I heard the obvious Pokemon jingle, and then the weapon get music started playing. And when I heard it, I was like "NO ****ING WAY! REALLY?" The song I heard was the dungeon theme from RPG Maker for the Game Boy. But do you want to know the "NO ****ING WAY! REALLY?" part? ...This isn't the first Megaman hack to use that melody. It was also used as the Stage Select theme for Rockman Unprecedented. I mean, seriously? Such an obscure game for not one, but TWO Megaman Hacks to take the SAME SONG from.

Edit: I've been flying through this game so far. Free guys seem to come more often, especially with the Rush Search. And it's nice that weapons fill up a bit after you die. Honestly, this game, so far, has blown me away! It's simply amazing! There's so many tricks and puzzles, the game is jam packed with new ideas and references. There's even a boss in Ringman's stage that is similar to fighting Lololo and Lalala from Kirby, except with one more guy. And these bosses have such interesting strategies, like Brightman's attack where he throws a lightbulb into the air, and you have to stand in Brightman's shadow or suffer serious damage. ...But I do kind of dislike how some of the bosses aren't so much strategy, but bosses like Ringman and Pharaohman throw so much stuff at you it's impossible to dodge, pretty much turning the fights into "Kill him before he kills you," matches: a name given to boss-fights where damage is pretty much inevitable. But still, with the right weapon and maybe a few energy tanks, you shouldn't have much problem killing them first. I also think the game could have benefited from a better soundtrack. So much obscure music, not enough recognizable music, plus the music isn't the best quality. Still I suppose hearing the F-Zero Silence theme is cool.

Other than that, this hack is as good as the description says. And it's nice that it isn't too difficult as well. They give you plenty of help along the way.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:59:48 pm by Plint Michigan »

TigerKnee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:33:45 am »
Is Rockman IV Minus Infinity finally complete? The last time I checked the dude didn't complete several of the Wily and Cossack stages.

It is a good hack anyway though.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »
Just beat the game. And I did it without having to resort to savestates like most Rockman Hacks. I swear, sometimes people care more about making a hack hard than making it fun. It's nice to play a Megaman hack with some reasonable difficulty. ...But then again, you gain lives faster than you lose them in this hack. ...Still, I would have liked to hear more recognizable tunes in the later stages. There was the Final Boss theme to Densetsu No Staffy 2 in some of the Cossack bosses, but other than that, nothing. I also thought a lot of the music early on was too happy and bouncy. Not really something Megaman music is known for, even in the earlier games. The later music was a little better, but still obscure. ...Other than that, download Minus Infinity. It's amazing!

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »
Regarding Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, I have to remind you all that the hack itself is not finished yet. PureSabre is still working on it.

So please edit the status from complete to incomplete.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:38 pm »
Regarding Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, I have to remind you all that the hack itself is not finished yet. PureSabre is still working on it.

So please edit the status from complete to incomplete.

Seemed pretty complete to me.

curses

• "So long."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:51:39 pm »
Press A or B on controller two to cycle through weapons. The music for Skull Man's level is from Adventure Island 2.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 05:34:24 pm »
Seemed pretty complete to me.

It is not until we get to hear from Insectduel. Who the hell do you think he is? He was the first who told us of Rockman 4 Minus Infinity in the very first place and he still monitors Puresabe's movements. Until now, there haven't been new updates, but that doesn't mean that he isn't working on it!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »
It is not until we get to hear from Insectduel. Who the hell do you think he is? He was the first who told us of Rockman 4 Minus Infinity in the very first place and he still monitors Puresabe's movements. Until now, there haven't been new updates, but that doesn't mean that he isn't working on it!

But I just beat Minus Infinity. From the first 8 robot masters, all the way to the final showdown with Wily, I didn't see any sign that the game was still incomplete. All the levels seemed complete, all the puzzles were set, robot masters all had strategies. ...Except now that I think of it, I noticed Toad Man didn't have a pinch form like the rest of the robot masters. ...But that's pretty much it. Every level seemed complete, as did the bosses.

Also, "Who the hell do you think he is?" Really?

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 05:57:34 pm »
You have obviously no idea of the fortress stages. Cossack 4, Wily 3 and Wily 4 aren't even done yet.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »
You have obviously no idea of the fortress stages. Cossack 4, Wily 3 and Wily 4 aren't even done yet.

Now that I think of it, both seemed rather short. But then again, Wily 5 in Megaman 2 was short, so that's why I didn't think anything of it. But it still seems complete for the most part. It's fully playable anyway.

insectduel

• View Profile
    • Insectduel's Domain
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 12:40:10 pm »
A full complete hack requires every level or code to be unedited. Unfortunately, only 3 were left over. Puresabe is still working on it and on his official website as of April 1st, he posted the announcement.

"なかなか更新できず、すみません。次回の更新は、寄り道せず、4MIを公開したいと思っています。時期は未定です。ペースを上げていければと思います"

Below me is my human translated version from his Japanese.

"I am sorry that I haven't given any updates. The next release of 4MI will be in public without stopping. Date is undecided. I'm hoping to keep up the pace."

Unchanged levels doesn't make the game complete which is fully playable to beat but updates for Rockman 4MI is still to come.
Please do not send me RHDN's private messages to contact me, you must use Facebook and I'll be able to reply to you quickly. I AM NOT AN ACTIVE RHDN MEMBER!

curses

• "So long."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:49 pm »
Does anybody know why it doesn't work in Nestopia?

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 01:27:55 pm »
A full complete hack requires every level or code to be unedited. Unfortunately, only 3 were left over. Puresabe is still working on it and on his official website as of April 1st, he posted the announcement.

"なかなか更新できず、すみません。次回の更新は、寄り道せず、4MIを公開したいと思っています。時期は未定です。ペースを上げていければと思います"

Below me is my human translated version from his Japanese.

"I am sorry that I haven't given any updates. The next release of 4MI will be in public without stopping. Date is undecided. I'm hoping to keep up the pace."
Tiny bit of correction:

"Sorry I haven't been updating often. I'm won't stop working until I release the next update to the public. I don't know when I'll release it. I hope I can speed up my pace a bit."

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 02:17:52 am »
I know it's simple (relatively) but kudos on the smt hack. Streamlining's a beatiful thing sometimes.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."