News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Help with translating a small section of a pc game.  (Read 2030 times)

Xalphenos

• View Profile
Help with translating a small section of a pc game.
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »
Some background:
The game is called Elemental Arts and it is made by a company called Baroque.  It was made for windows 98 but is working just fine for me on 7 x64.  I've been messing around with it recently and it seems it will only need pointer hacking to be translated.  All the text is uncompressed shift-jis and I have the archives figured out.  Elemental Arts is an SRPG in the same style as Final Fantasy Tactics.  In fact at one time it seems an english version was in the works and it was called Final Tactics.  There was a demo of it floating around the internet at one time.  It was created by a korean company that no longer exists and had pretty awful english.

I have a txt file here which is the first small section of the game.  Its just a text file with unicode encoding.  Open office said it was something like 480 words?  Not sure if that is accurate.  It doesn't look like a lot anyway.  I've put a few notes in the text file for context but it is the first lines of text from the game so there isn't much context really.  I'm hoping I can get someone to translate this first small bit so I can get it inserted, see if I have the pointers all figured out like I think I do, and post some pics or a video in the help wanted section.  Hopefully I can drum up some interest and get a translator and translate the whole game. 

Some background on me:
Since I'm new here, first post and all,  I don't want anyone who may be interested in helping to think I'm not trying to go somewhere with this or not being honest.  If it helps ease your mind I have done some very minor stuff in the past.  A program for Ys Felghana, and a simple hex edit to Ys Origin and Napishtim to get them to display the gameworld in widescreen without stretching.  These can be found in the Ancient Land of Ys forums. I have also made a widescreen mod for the game Chantelise. You can find that here.

Thanks for your time.

tashi

• View Profile
Re: Help with translating a small section of a pc game.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 02:18:47 pm »
I translated it to the best of my abilities. Hopefully it's enough to get you started.

http://pastebin.com/index/5eTweHkJ

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »
Thank you very much tashi.  I really appreciate it. 

Eien Ni Hen

• You entitled girlfriend!
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:28 pm »
Here's a really rough translation of the rest. I wrote bubbles 1-3 of the "after battle" text in past tense, because the events already happened, but the Japanese version has them in present tense.

光明得しハイゼンガルド、勇者としての一歩をユークレナにて踏み出す。

Having seen the light, Heisengard took his first step into Yukulena as a hero.

3rd text bubble
『ロンウォール・サーガ序章』より

Starting from "Ronwall Saga Prologue"

The game loads to a battle.  There is a party of 5 on one side and one dark looking guy standing at what looks to be a throne.
The next lines are a conversation that takes place as they trade blows.  The first line of a pair is the person the second is what the person says.  One of the 5 dosn't talk.

ハイゼンガルド Seemingly the leader of the 5
     「魔王バルトガイスト、覚悟!!」

Heisengard: "Prepare yourself, Demon King Baltgeist!"

魔王  Seemingly the bad guy
     「ここまで攻め入るとは‥‥うぬはただの人間ではないな!?」

Demon King: "You dare to come here... You are just a human, aren't you?!"

イニム
     「くっくっ。神より直に神託を受けし者。ただの人間であろうはずがなかろう」

Inimu: "Heheh! He was given a proclamation from god. Does that sound like 'just a human' to you?"

バルロー
     「そう言うことだよ」

Balrou: "That's absolutely right!"

フェイメア
     「神に仇成す者、もはやこれまでと知りなさいっ!」

Feimea: "You, who are an enemy of god, must now recognize him as a worthy opponent!"

(Not sure about this line.)

魔王
     「よかろう!‥‥儂も魔王と呼ばれし者。うぬらごときに倒されはせぬわ。来るがいい!」 

Demon King: "Very well! You who call me Demon King! I shall never be defeated by the likes of you! Have at you!"

魔王
     「笑止!」

Demon King: "Pathetic!"

魔王
     「ば、ばかな‥‥こ、この儂が人間ごときに」

Demon King: "I-It can't be... I've been defeated by these puny humans!"

フェイメア
     「と‥‥とどめをっ!」

Feimea: "...Strike the last blow!"

ハイゼンガルド
     「んっ!!これで終わりだ!!」

Heisengard: "Right!! This ends now!!"

魔王
     「ううっ!!この力は!?‥‥神託だとぉ?‥‥うがあぁ!」
     「‥‥もしや‥‥もしや、うぬはぁ‥‥‥‥‥‥‥‥」

Demon King: "Arrgh! T-this power?! I-is this god's proclamation...? Ack!"
"C-could you be...?"

The battle ends.

The game goes back to an aerial view of the world and then four text bubbles.
民を率い魔界を席巻せし大勇者ハイゼンガルド。
同志たる四勇者を従え、居城にて魔王を倒す。
人界魔界の統一は成れり。

This was Heisengard, the champion who lead his comrades and triumphed
over the Demon Realm. Accompanied by his four comrades, he defeated
the Demon King in his castle, thus uniting the Demon Realm and the Human
Realm.

五大勇者、勇者王となりてロンウォールを統治す。
ここよりロンバルトに調和と平和の時、訪れん。

These five champions became hero kings who ruled over Ronwall.
From this point on, peace and harmony came to Ronwall.

『ロンウォール・サーガ終章』より

Starting from "Ronwall Saga Epilogue"

そして、魔王城陥落から10数年の歳月が流れた‥‥

And so, over 10 years have passed since the fall of the Demon King's castle...
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

Xalphenos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:15 pm »
Thanks for the help Eien Ni Hen.  I see you're in Austin, I'm in San Antonio.  Just thought it was neat.  Thanks again though.