News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Windhex - Sorry ... The string was not found. (Help!!!)  (Read 23714 times)

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Windhex - Sorry ... The string was not found. (Help!!!)
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »
Okay, silly suggestion. Open up your Cartographer.bat file (the one you double-click to dump the script) and add one line to the end, if it's not there already:

Code: [Select]
pause
This means that the batch file will pause after running Cartographer instead of vanishing into the ether, so you can actually read what it has to say. If Cartographer's throwing up some kind of error, this is how you can find out.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

paranvoi

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2012, 04:05:31 pm »
Okay, silly suggestion. Open up your Cartographer.bat file (the one you double-click to dump the script) and add one line to the end, if it's not there already:

pause
This means that the batch file will pause after running Cartographer instead of vanishing into the ether, so you can actually read what it has to say. If Cartographer's throwing up some kind of error, this is how you can find out.

"Pause" was already there, unfortunately... :\ Still no dice. Here's what my .bat file looks like:

cartographer firered.GBA frcommands.txt firered_script -m

pause

?

February 14, 2012, 04:58:17 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Bumping this in hopes that maybe someone has a solution to the above conundrum...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:58:17 pm by paranvoi »

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 07:13:21 pm »
I'm stumped here, too.

Darkdata

• People who hurt others to feel better are idiots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »
Hey! I gave you that table file a while ago, you can just load it and search normally.

You should read the threads that you make before! LOOK! It even tells you how to re-point strings that are too long!

You asked the same question on the pokecommunity too! With the same answer.

I'll go grumble in a corner now...

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:33 pm »
He's past that point. Now he's having trouble getting it to dump the trainer names.

paranvoi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »
Hey! I gave you that table file a while ago, you can just load it and search normally.

You should read the threads that you make before! LOOK! It even tells you how to re-point strings that are too long!

You asked the same question on the pokecommunity too! With the same answer.

I'll go grumble in a corner now...

Ok, I admit I forgot I made another thread here, thank you for answering to it. It was very helpful. Your table is also much more complete than mine, I appreciate that too! :) The part about replacing pointers went a bit over my head but that's okay... As for the pokemon community or whatever if I recall correctly they require new threads to be approved before they appear, I made 2 and they both never seemed to go through the filter so I gave up, I can't help it if the mods decided to accept one thread ages after I wrote it at a time when I've long forgotten about it. :P

But maybe you have an idea how to get the trainer names to be dumped? :\ Go a couple posts back and you'll see the problem there.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:11:23 pm by paranvoi »

paranvoi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:41 pm »
Ok, I've got to be doing something wrong. D: I just tried to raw dump a different block of text and got the same problem I've been having repeatedly, i.e. ended up with a super short text file that contains almost nothing. Just to be clear: when you raw dump, you don't do any hex searches, right? You just add the start and end addresses of the text block itself, NOT its pointer table, right? Here's the text I'm trying to dump:

I tried to raw dump that using this end block:

#BLOCK NAME: menu_pok(raw)
#TYPE: NORMAL
#METHOD: RAW
#SCRIPT START: $1B7CC1
#SCRIPT STOP: $1B7E14
#TABLE: table_raw.tbl
#COMMENTS: Yes

#END BLOCK

And the result was this:
//GAME NAME: Pokemon - Fire Red.GBA

//BLOCK #008 NAME: menu_pok(raw)
//Block Range: $1B7CC1 - $1B7E14

//HPENDMODEEND

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? :| Is there something special I need to take into consideration when dumping text raw?