News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Stand Guard has 100+ downloads  (Read 2413 times)

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
Stand Guard has 100+ downloads
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:41:10 pm »
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but the description of this one says, and I quote:

Want to just show off your own work without worrying about maintaining a thread in Personal Projects? Here's the place to do it.

So I wanted to say, since Stand Guard has now been downloaded one hundred (and one) times, I wonder if anyone had any thoughts/constructive criticism/blatant insults to hurl around. Riff with me here!

After reflecting on the project a bit, I realize that I was trying to make the script sound more literate while at the same time just sort of throwing things at it to see if they stuck (not to mention just entertaining myself, as you can see). I've got some time at the moment, and might consider implementing suggestions if they seem interesting. Lemme know.

a youtube video of the intro

So have any of you all played it? Care to discuss?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:42:45 pm by Spooniest »

fairdenizen

• America's Individuality
    • View Profile
Re: Stand Guard has 101 downloads
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:19:13 am »
Well, chalk up another one cuz I just downloaded it. I made it right past the moogle fight, and so far I like it. A few grammar errors but nothing big.  I can tell a lot of love went into this rewriting.

So far, only thing I have to say is good job, and I prefer the original Kefka more. I'll probably be finishing this up over the course of a couple weeks so I'll let you know of any updates.

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:12 am »
What grammar errors?

trudatman

• View Profile
    • trudatman games
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:23:53 pm »
What grammar errors?
^
|
there's one!

sorry.  grammatical errors in games (translations, too, of course) drive me nuts.  typos, mistakes and the likes should be eliminated whenever possible.  a good editor has a firm grasp on the language of his/her art.

"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." -HJ Simpson

MathOnNapkins

• Forum Moderator
  • Who ya gonna call
    • View Profile
    • Arc-Nova - Rohmackin' and Chiptunin'
Re: Stand Guard has 100+ downloads
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »
grammatical errors in games (translations, too, of course) drive me nuts.  typos, mistakes and the likes should be eliminated whenever possible.  a good editor has a firm grasp on the language of his/her art.

I would say that when you get to nitpicking about grammar errors in what is obviously colloquial speech, you should probably put down that Chicago Style Guide and go detox for a while. You aren't talking about those kinds of grammar errors, are you? The sort where it could be intentional?

trudatman

• View Profile
    • trudatman games
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »
of course I don't mean them there stuffs like that.

"excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on." "I'm not not licking toads." -HJ Simpson

fairdenizen

• America's Individuality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:09 am »
1:33 of your youtube video stands out to me.

Nothing else right off the top of my head that I can think of though.

I hate the encounter rate in this game though. It's too easy when you're forced to be overlevel'ed.  Do you know if I can gameshark a moooglecharm into your hack?