News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Silva Saga patch problem  (Read 2686 times)

bradzx

• View Profile
Silva Saga patch problem
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:57:42 am »
After I patch this game and I start to load the file and there is nothing move around the ship.  I believe this is huge bug because it nothing move around.  Also I already read me and nothing mention what size of memory and header or unheader rom.  So I need help here please.  Thank.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Silva Saga patch problem
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:05:56 am »
Silva Saga 1?
It seems like a bug, but the game by default creates 3 dummy save files. Just use the game's menu to erase them manually.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:43 am »
Wait what?  Dummy file?  Wow...that is first time I ever see someone make dummy file.  Well thank for tell me to delete file.  It work when I delete.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

Celice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:37:50 am »
Why does the game create dummy saves...? I mean, I can take a guess for, like, prepping the sram or something, but... is that normal for the game to do that on its own?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »
I have no idea, but I'd guess emulators would default to all zero SRAM, since all the stats are 0.
Maybe the game was expecting uninitialized SRAM (from when the game was first manufactured) to not contain all-zero data?

(doesn't seem the actual cart is the most common game around, so... good luck finding a new copy if someone wanted to dump the SRAM from an unplayed copy to find out. :P )
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:18:04 pm »
As I've explained this in the readme and some PMs, it seems like the game was just dumped incorrectly from the beginning as all the original roms floating around seem to be the same copy with the same problem and yes, that problem is solved like KM said.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 05:36:36 pm »
Oh...No wonder this game have sram problem.  This will be same thing in Silva Saga 2?