News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Donald Duck: Mahou no Boushi translation  (Read 3813 times)

Hildebrande Glossop

• View Profile
Donald Duck: Mahou no Boushi translation
« on: January 15, 2012, 04:54:52 pm »
I've always though this game should have been officially localized, so now I can rectify that error ;)

This game is really funny, and full of twists(at least for a SNES platformer). 

Here's a little HG101 write-up on it http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/donaldduck/donaldduck4.htm

After my incredibly bad timing when attempting Super Back to the Future 2, hopefully no-one has done this one yet :)

Here's a link to my complete script: http://ameblo.jp/bokuwabakadayo/entry-11137141008.html

It's still pretty rough, but I would love some comments on it. Still need to work on some names, but so far

Donald Duck: 魔法の帽子 = Donald Duck and the Cap of the Sorcerer King or Donald Duck's Cap of the Sorcerer King? I hate the boring title of "Donald and the Magical Hat", there's gotta be something better.

魔王ピット = Dark Lord Pete

魔法の国 = Fantasia(There's a magical hat like in Sorcerer's Apprentice, and they all take place in the same universe, right?)

A few I'm stuck on-

老人 = Something better than "Old Man". Basically, what appears to be an old man is really a magical hat, that is really a Wizard King who was banished to the hat form. So it goes from 老人 to 王様, even though
the sprite is just a hat floating in the air.

Maybe Old Man could be a mysterious title like "The Master" or "The Doctor"?

王様 = King Ralph, King Dong ?

I really want this to be an aggressively non-literal translation without being OOC for Donald. If you look at my link, you'll see that I often just make lines up for color, so keep that in mind when reading it.

Auryn

• View Profile
Re: Donald Duck: Mahou no Boushi translation
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:47:18 am »
I can't really help you with the japanese but compliments for the style of the topic.
At least a newbie that show that he spended sometime with the game before asking questions and not picked an RPG as first game to translate.
And naturally nice translation project; Magical Quest was my first game I was hacking back on the beginning.
Good luck

Hildebrande Glossop

• View Profile
Re: Donald Duck: Mahou no Boushi translation
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:45:28 am »
Thanks for the kind words, my friend. So right about not picking an rpg, I would have never finished that!