News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 619615 times)

4ph

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1040 on: October 16, 2015, 04:35:29 pm »
You make always of the excelent job Gideon!  ;)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 16, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »
I absolutely LOVE that font and everything.  Just beautiful!
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

enigmaopoeia

• View Profile
    • Memories of Fear
« Reply #1042 on: October 24, 2015, 07:27:28 pm »
Looks great, Gideon. I am a huge fan of this game and those screenshots are amazing.

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 25, 2015, 09:48:18 pm »
I'm currently translating Magical Vacation since I really enjoyed the sequel, Magical Starsign.

So far, I've hacked the header text in the menu and got a vwf mostly working. The last couple characters from the previous dialogue box spill over into the next one though, as you can see in the third screen shot. Also, each line needs to be indented a couple pixels more to the right.

Any thoughts on how the menu headers look? I'm thinking of redoing them since they look pretty hard to read.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 25, 2015, 10:08:49 pm »
^Nice looking game! Look forward in playing your translation of it.

About the headers, if its preexisting in the game, they are fine. But can also change it since its, yeah, not good to the eyes esp. for "bira" (is it the game's currency".

I found that the cat ppl are called "nyamnelt". I hope you keep it as it is.

Chpexo

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 25, 2015, 10:09:12 pm »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:57:30 am by Chpexo »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:45 pm »
I'm currently translating Magical Vacation since I really enjoyed the sequel, Magical Starsign.

So far, I've hacked the header text in the menu and got a vwf mostly working. The last couple characters from the previous dialogue box spill over into the next one though, as you can see in the third screen shot. Also, each line needs to be indented a couple pixels more to the right.

Any thoughts on how the menu headers look? I'm thinking of redoing them since they look pretty hard to read.

Awesome! I was hoping someone would pick this one up. :D

Sara-chan

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Divine Blade
    • View Profile
    • Sara's Homepage
« Reply #1047 on: October 26, 2015, 01:45:46 pm »

I wonder if making the headers a little thicker would help. That would probably make them significantly easier to read. Good on you for doing this game! I've always been hoping someone would. Keep it up!
In a sky full of people, only some want to fly.
Isn't that crazy?

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 27, 2015, 12:32:02 am »
^Nice looking game! Look forward in playing your translation of it.

About the headers, if its preexisting in the game, they are fine. But can also change it since its, yeah, not good to the eyes esp. for "bira" (is it the game's currency".

I found that the cat ppl are called "nyamnelt". I hope you keep it as it is.

Thanks! The headers were Japanese in the original game, and were also pretty hard to read I think:

The cat people are actually called "Felin"s in official English localization of the sequel and I'm going to try to keep the translation as consistent with the sequel's as possible.

I wonder if making the headers a little thicker would help. That would probably make them significantly easier to read. Good on you for doing this game! I've always been hoping someone would. Keep it up!
The problem I'm facing is that the text can be at most 6 pixels tall before it spills into the box below, so I can't really increase the size of the headers.

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 27, 2015, 11:22:59 am »
I get you're probably working under a restriction of 8 pixels for height for that VWF, but the font is way too small.
Rather than this font (the same as the Final Fantasy VI's retranslation, is it?), the Link Awakening VWF edition's font, Square's GBA/DS fonts, or maybe even an elegant fixed width 8x8 font retooled for VWF would look so much better.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #1050 on: October 27, 2015, 02:40:18 pm »
You are the third person who tried hacking this game. If you want some suggestions:
  • Use a taller font for dialog, make it have access to all 11 pixels in height; it will improve the general look by a long shot.
  • Move avatar sprites slightly to the left for dialog boxes, so that they don't end up glued with text.

Menu headers should be fine the way you have them. Remember how big a GBA/DS screen is.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #1051 on: November 03, 2015, 04:17:46 am »
Removing the black borders + increasing game resolution up to 352x240 (Does not working on SSF yet):

Shining Force III (S1)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:01:17 am by paul_met »

magicalpatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 23, 2015, 04:32:18 am »
Menu text for Magical Vacation. Decided to go with a fixed-width font for convenience and because I think it looks decent in the menu.

Normmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 23, 2015, 04:59:00 am »
Menu text for Magical Vacation. Decided to go with a fixed-width font for convenience and because I think it looks decent in the menu.

Looks good.

btw, are you part of the team that was working on this on github but made the repo private after a few days?

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 23, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »
Removing the black borders + increasing game resolution up to 352x240 (Does not working on SSF yet):

Shining Force III (S1)

Nice work, remind me... is this a SSF only hack or for hardware as well? Thanks.

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #1055 on: November 25, 2015, 07:34:55 am »
Nice work, remind me... is this a SSF only hack or for hardware as well? Thanks.
This hack works on the console too.

Norse by Norsewest (Lost Vikings 2) - resolution 352x240.
The characters panel had to move down due to the fact that under it was constantly flickering garbage. In SSF hack does not work, alas.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:34:18 pm by paul_met »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 26, 2015, 08:31:16 pm »
Just a few screenshots of a Youkai-based Final Fantasy hack. Though I could use some help.

Now here's what I need help with. Every time I exit a fight or the menus, THIS happens.

The screen flashes and the game locks up temporarily. I'm worried removing Garland and replacing him with "Grund the Ochu" might have messed something up. Is that the problem, or is there another way to fix this?

...Also, minor thing, but I can't get Grund in the center. How do I do it. ...If I can't it's no big deal.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:08:25 am by Plint Michigan »

paul_met

• View Profile
    • Meduza Team
« Reply #1057 on: December 06, 2015, 05:21:58 am »
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game - resolution 352x240 (native 320x224)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 12, 2015, 05:37:15 pm »

Four more races for my Youkai inspired Final Fantasy hack. There are going to be twelve total. Feel free to give me sprite criticism.

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 13, 2015, 01:11:25 am »
I recognize the baku, kamaitachi, and tengu, but I'm not sure what "LUDO" is supposed to be (a hitotsume kouzo?).

The "LUDO" sprite doesn't really seem to match with the others style-wise.