News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1050718 times)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #960 on: June 29, 2015, 10:52:50 am »
Release should follow soon.

I long for Echo Night 2's embrace.
Mille gratias.

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 06, 2015, 02:12:40 pm »
In light of Megaman Legacy Collection, and Megaman X: Age of Wily (which I noticed uses my Megaman Upgrade Patch as base), I have decided to do a new Megaman 1 hack.

Megaman DX, which was supposed to be a proof-of-concept hack of Megaman 3, was cancelled a long time ago.  I have instead decided to call my new Megaman 1 hack Megaman DX.

The goal of Megaman DX is to improve the visual quality of Megaman 1, plus adding new things such as a save feature, and remixed/brand new levels, and the possibility of extending stages for Gutsman and Wily stage 3 (two stages in Megaman 1 I thought were too short).  I also want to make Metools and Sniper Joes more common, and balance some things out (such as weapon strength).

Brand new titlescreen:

Much better than my old DX screen for MM3:

swinezig

• Too lazy to finish Droiyan 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 06, 2015, 02:38:39 pm »
Some Droiyan 2 updates.
First hub (out of five) is 30% translated, had to restart the translation after hitting a few annoying bugs and issues.

Kissyface.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 06, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »
In light of Megaman Legacy Collection, and Megaman X: Age of Wily (which I noticed uses my Megaman Upgrade Patch as base), I have decided to do a new Megaman 1 hack.

Megaman DX, which was supposed to be a proof-of-concept hack of Megaman 3, was cancelled a long time ago.  I have instead decided to call my new Megaman 1 hack Megaman DX.

The goal of Megaman DX is to improve the visual quality of Megaman 1, plus adding new things such as a save feature, and remixed/brand new levels, and the possibility of extending stages for Gutsman and Wily stage 3 (two stages in Megaman 1 I thought were too short).  I also want to make Metools and Sniper Joes more common, and balance some things out (such as weapon strength).

Brand new titlescreen:

So you mean you'll be making a Mega Man game out of Mega Man 3? Sounds like WOW!

Is it possible to add Oil Man & Time Man, so we can have a genuine NES Mega Man Powered UP (maybe Powered Down  :D)?

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 06, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »
If your are adding Oil Man, Time Man and Sabotail to your hack. You should use these sprites that were made by BarylTDF: http://orig06.deviantart.net/3c33/f/2010/318/8/5/powered_up_extras___8_bits_by_baryltdf-d32uw81.png

You can ask bsolmaz13 if you can use his MM1 Oil Man and Time Man themes for your hack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_wxUwErXQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnJNcmrEHs
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:51:16 am by SCD »

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 07, 2015, 01:03:38 am »
No, Megaman DX is a hack of MM1.  It was the title for a MM3 hack that I scrapped.  I'm just re-using the name, because it seems fitting for me.

I'm trying to enhance MM1, similar to Megaman Reloaded.  But I'm doing some other things, like I did with my Upgrade Patch.  I improving the visual quality of the game, and at the same time adding some new things to make it worth playing.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 07, 2015, 07:23:12 am »
No, Megaman DX is a hack of MM1.  It was the title for a MM3 hack that I scrapped.  I'm just re-using the name, because it seems fitting for me.

I'm trying to enhance MM1, similar to Megaman Reloaded.  But I'm doing some other things, like I did with my Upgrade Patch.  I improving the visual quality of the game, and at the same time adding some new things to make it worth playing.

Alright, but are there any plans of adding Oil Man, Time Man and the Sabotail enemy that appears on Oil Man's stage to your hack?

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:14 am »
I misunderstood then, my bad. Anyways, I think why Gutsman's stage is short b/c of that moving platform obstacle made players take time to learn how to get past it.

Alright, but are there any plans of adding Oil Man, Time Man and the Sabotail enemy that appears on Oil Man's stage to your hack?
I think that would be impossible to do with MM1 with only 6 Robot Masters to work on. If its for MM2 or MM3 it would be possible to, with Flash Man can be swapped with Time Man (Time Man=Time Stopper); but this is just my opinion as to I don't know any fudge on ASM.  :(

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 08, 2015, 01:29:42 am »
I think that would be impossible to do with MM1 with only 6 Robot Masters to work on. If its for MM2 or MM3 it would be possible to, with Flash Man can be swapped with Time Man (Time Man=Time Stopper); but this is just my opinion as to I don't know any fudge on ASM.  :(

I think the Mega Man Upgrade Patch expands the memory space of the rom so you can add brand new content to the game.

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 09, 2015, 12:07:17 am »
Megaman 1 is very easy to work with.  The code is clean, and I happened to have a good time with it when I made the Upgrade Patch.  Some of the things I did in the Upgrade Patch will be added to my hack as well, such as the new boss preview screen (since I really liked how it came out).

However, I should note that I am not using my Upgrade Patch.  I am using the MMC5 mapper which I converted myself, and I am making use of CHR-RAM (I know how to use CHR-RAM now).  I'm coding everything from scratch.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #970 on: July 10, 2015, 06:08:34 pm »
SMT 2 and SMT if... hack comparison shots. Shared these out on Twitter last night.

... and I'm only just now realizing that the screenshot of if...'s equipment screen that I posted to Twitter last night is out of date. Replaced here.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2015, 06:13:38 pm »
Awesome. I'm eagerly awaiting SMT If... Looks even better than II.
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 11, 2015, 05:49:09 am »
Looks good, Gid! Keep up the great work. :)
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #973 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:52 am »

This might not look like I've done anything, but I've successfully expanded the text box for the bosses. Now all I have to do is translate them.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a timeā€¦
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #974 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:43 am »
uggh. I need to clean up that old font of mine some.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #975 on: July 13, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »
Ok, partially translated now.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 13, 2015, 02:30:05 pm »
Is that Monster Party?
Cigarettes, ice-cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary...

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 13, 2015, 06:58:29 pm »
Yes, the unreleased uncensored Japanese version that got a prototype ROM release last year.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Chester

• SEP #$20
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:47 pm »

I'm finishing my translation tool (already fully working for all the game text) and soon anyone will be able to translate this gem to their language.

I'm also improving Dejap's translation, adding all missing parts.

That's *gorgeous*, keep it up.

Did you write the text extractor yourself?
Close the world, txEn eht nepO

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 21, 2015, 02:07:51 am »

I'm finishing my translation tool (already fully working for all the game text) and soon anyone will be able to translate this gem to their language.

I'm also improving Dejap's translation, adding all missing parts.

Holy hell--how did I miss this happening?  This looks great, and it'll give me another reason to replay SO!

Are the battle/menu fonts going to be updated too?  I always really hated that jagged/squiggly font that always showed up alongside the good font (the one in the screenshot is the good one IMO).