News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 651160 times)

KC

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #720 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:00 am »

Now with some stepping functionality and a register list. If someone wants to try it, it's available here.

Almagest

• ファーストエイド
    • View Profile
    • Almagest's ROM Hacking Blog
« Reply #721 on: February 18, 2014, 05:55:55 am »
That's actually just back-porting Tom Slattery's FFVI Advance text into the SNES game. I'll agree it's a lovely script, though.
Yeah, I was attempting to make a "perfect copy" of the GBA version, copying the entire translation and the font used in the GBA port. There's a little problem with the font though. Due to its smaller size, you rarely see text in the 4th line of the dialog box. Leaving the speaker's name alone in the 1st line would fix this "issue", but it would also change the feel of the game a little. The project was also supposed to uncensor the Pub signs and the Silence spell graphics, but there was something wrong with the latter. Apparently, 4 tiles were missing (I discovered this after comparing the JP and US versions), it's very likely that they were removed.

The project was about 85% complete. I finished the whole field dialog, what actually made me give up were the battle dialog and the spell/summon attack names (I'd have to move the texts to another block to expand them). If I learn a little more about romhacking, maybe I'll revive this project, and of course, finish it.

mziab

• View Profile
    • mteam
« Reply #722 on: February 18, 2014, 11:49:44 am »
Now with some stepping functionality and a register list. If someone wants to try it, it's available here.

Great stuff. Windows-only, I assume?

KC

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 18, 2014, 12:00:42 pm »
Great stuff. Windows-only, I assume?
It's using wxwidgets, which is cross-platform. It should work on all, but I can't test it.

Update, now with memory viewer/editor:

Clippit

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 19, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »

Sometimes I feel like making Spanish translations of StarTropics 1 & 2 just for fun... but I don't know if it's worth the effort... like, I'm not really sure if Latin America would appreciate it.
They're probably too busy playing FIFA and PES anyway.
"I swear my victory to this feather!"

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50:54 am »
Go for it ! :)
That aside, I really wish there were some way to expand Startropic's font to 52~60 characters.

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #726 on: February 20, 2014, 06:01:52 pm »

Sometimes I feel like making Spanish translations of StarTropics 1 & 2 just for fun... but I don't know if it's worth the effort... like, I'm not really sure if Latin America would appreciate it.
They're probably too busy playing FIFA and PES anyway.

Latin america should those are seriously some great games.

Seeeeph

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2014, 08:04:19 am »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:52:32 pm by Seeeeph »

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 03, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

So I've finally had time to work on the title screen for my Castlevania 3 hacks for the U.S ROM version.  I was too lazy to look up the palette coding in hex to change the colors to white to match everything else.  The box area with the numbers is the counted pixels used in those areas so that way whatever I make in Photoshop with the pencil tool can fit and be spaced into those areas accordingly so things look strait.

I...have not made up my mind on what project to do first.  I've tried to get in contact with RedRum multiple times to see if I can have their permission to do an Opposing Bloodlines III and IV but no word back so those are not being touched right now.  Was thinking about contact Ballzysoft to see if I can continue their Vengeance on Hell for a II and III but haven't gotten around to it yet.  I do have their knight remade for Castlevania 3 but only the walk animations, trying to figure out a plausible attack animation for the sword instead of flinging it over their head like how it was done in the Vengeance of Hell hack on Simon's Quest.

Some people do know that I have been itching to do a Castlevania remake on Castlevania III to do a mock up of how Dakon put together their Japanese version with revamped bosses but don't have the know how yet to 'tie' the stages together nor remake the bosses properly with new ones.  I am currently trying to teach myself of how to reverse engineer the music data on the ROM but having trouble locating where everything is at let alone what makes the tunes go faster or slower, longer or shorter  :P

I'm thinking about aiming at Optomon's cancelled Cadence of Agony title to revamp it some just for kicks and giggles.

Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #729 on: March 08, 2014, 08:45:02 pm »
Keep at it craftvania, and be patient, picking apart a compiled assembly rom can take a lot of time.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #730 on: March 08, 2014, 09:30:41 pm »
How about doing some mini hacks to get started, like the rad Contra mountain run hack that was posted a while back?

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 08, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »
Keep at it craftvania, and be patient, picking apart a compiled assembly rom can take a lot of time.

I'm finding that very challenging as I'm going in blindly atm before I completely break down and toss in a white flag for help.  Haven't messed with the data on an NSF for a week now so need to pick up a new one and actually take notes this time instead of blinding clicking here and there to see which is what :p

How about doing some mini hacks to get started, like the rad Contra mountain run hack that was posted a while back?

Oh trust me sir, I'm taking it easy as I'm messing with just the graphic sprites right now.  I'm tinkering around with an NSF from time to time just to see on what does this and what does that.  Baby steps right now for the music hacking since...I'm so damn obsessed with for some reason  :P

I am planning on making a thread sometime this coming week for my project as I got permission from one of the members here to expand their hack's universe a bit further for story wise.  Just doing sprite and text editing for now  :)

Oh?  The Contra hack I don't recall seeing.  If it's just recent I'll go look for it and see on what was done.

M-Tee

• One pixel at a time…
    • View Profile
    • M-Tee Retro Graphics
« Reply #732 on: March 08, 2014, 11:27:54 pm »
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,17432.msg253811.html#msg253811

This is it. It's rad because it's a self-contained level with an objective.

Sinis

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 09, 2014, 11:44:02 am »
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,17432.msg253811.html#msg253811

This is it. It's rad because it's a self-contained level with an objective.

Good lord it's challenging...wasn't much of a top notch player on the original games and it still shows lol!

I  understand on what you mean on referencing this, M-Tee.  My main goal right now is to edit the sprites, text and room layouts via reVamp.  Fiddling around with the NSF file is just a thing on the side.

DevEd

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:38 pm »
My turn :P

Dirtbag

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 09, 2014, 03:52:17 pm »
All the graphics are done, time to work on the tracks.

Raccoon Sam

• Left is Right and Right is Wrong
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #736 on: April 13, 2014, 06:19:39 am »
Nothing big yet I guess. Some dialogue, portrait-oriented pause menu and the ending is what's still left.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 14, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »
Nice work! I've been thinking of trying that other MM&B. Having it in English would be grand.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #738 on: April 14, 2014, 04:23:04 pm »
I just saw it as a lesser version of the SFC Original (just as the GBA), but that version's graphics actually seem to have a lot of charme! And it seems to have exclusive contend!
So good job on translating so far and thanks for giving this port some needed attention  :beer:

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 14, 2014, 04:26:36 pm »
Oh, it doesn't just have new content, it's all original content for the most part. It's a straight up sequel.