News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 374364 times)

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1580 on: January 11, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »
Pretty cool. I'll have to Google Yumimi Mix to see what it's about.

Gives me some future hope for the similar looking (and personally more appealing) Urusei Yatsura My Dear Friends.
Not that I've yet seen a game that "fully utilizes" Sega CD get a complete English fan translation. Those Phantasy Star text adventures have non-CD versions.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:51:55 pm by tc »

Supper

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 14, 2018, 04:06:58 pm »
Pretty cool. I'll have to Google Yumimi Mix to see what it's about.

Gives me some future hope for the similar looking (and personally more appealing) Urusei Yatsura My Dear Friends.
Not that I've yet seen a game that "fully utilizes" Sega CD get a complete English fan translation. Those Phantasy Star text adventures have non-CD versions.

Thanks. The game bills itself as an "interactive comic book" or something like that, but it's basically a multiple-choice adventure game that's mostly about watching cutscenes. Actually, I really don't even know that much about it myself; I saw some screenshots and thought it looked interesting, and somehow wound up doing this after playing it for a bit.

I checked out Urusei Yatsura briefly -- unfortunately, it seems to be running on a completely different engine, despite also being a Game Arts game. No idea how difficult it might be to handle compared to this game, though I can tell you the filesystem is certainly more obtuse (files named "0000" through "07FF", no other identifiers). Could be an interesting project sometime, though.

Lentfilms

• View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:13 am »
If anyone wants to learn more about Yumimi Mix, Brian Crimmins wrote up a good article about the game over at HG101. In fact if you Google the game's name I think the article is the first thing that pops up.