News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 682858 times)

Seeeeph

• View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1180 on: May 16, 2016, 05:42:22 pm »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:18:24 pm by Seeeeph »

theflyingzamboni

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 16, 2016, 06:11:08 pm »
As in a "Drug Store"?

Well Tingle is actually selling drugs. Not too sure if there's a difference between the two being that english isnt my mother tongue.
You're basically right. A drug store would be a place with a pharmacy and a small mart.  Drugs Emporium is funny because it's like that, except it implies illegal drugs. Just go down to the corner mart to get all your drugs lol. So if it's supposed to be funny, it's good as is. Wouldn't make much sense played straight though, since that's not really the kind if thing you advertise.  :P
ROM wasn't hacked in a day.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #1182 on: May 16, 2016, 07:33:22 pm »
Breezing through Mizzurna Falls as the stream goes:

:o I.. can't speak anymore words as to how excited i am to see someone translate this lost gem!! :crazy: awesome dude! can't wait to try this out very soon on my soft modded PS2!

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2016, 05:33:34 am »
This is the most recent version:

You can see how I used the coin's palette on the walls, that the bench's shadow is the same color as the ground, etc.
While I'm excited to see that done, it makes me wonder if you have interest in Final Fantasy Adventure, specially because the iOS/Android remake gives us the colors we need.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 22, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »

Turns out this is pretty easy to activate.  The only hard work technically is adding one tiny bit of extra data for the fade screen, moving the pointers and then reassinging the extra pointers.  All of this data still exists within the ROM and is even translated as seen, just goes unused due to it being skipped.

I can see why they cut it though, having all that extra data on the character and then this HUUUGEE mass of text.  It HAS to wipe the entire data before hand otherwise it will not work properly.  Though, really interesting to see all of this working fully.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Seeeeph

• View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: May 25, 2016, 01:13:14 am »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:17:28 pm by Seeeeph »

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 26, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »
I just made E-z to Easy  ;D

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 27, 2016, 02:06:17 am »
I'm doing some ROM hacking, but I'm doing it in small increments as to not burn myself out.  I went to the doctor to have my eyes checked, and my eyes are fine.  So whatever it was that I was doing, it was from too much focus on the computer.  So now I only do things for smaller periods of time.

Anyway, one of the things I always wanted to, which to this day I still have not done, is make a complete hack (levels, graphics, music, ASM, etc.).  So, I started this hack about a month ago.  I don't have a title for it yet, but it's a Megaman 2 hack.

Pics from Toxic Man Stage:

I want to try to put the Toxic Seahorse theme in.  I'm not good with music, but I'm going to see if I can compose something.  If anyone wants to help with the music, that would be awesome.  You'll be put in the credits as my music guy! :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:29:26 am by Rockman »

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:28 am »
I'm doing some ROM hacking, but I'm doing it in small increments as to not burn myself out.  I went to the doctor to have my eyes checked, and my eyes are fine.  So whatever it was that I was doing, it was from too much focus on the computer.  So now I only do things for smaller periods of time.

Anyway, one of the things I always wanted to, which to this day I still have not done, is make a complete hack (levels, graphics, music, ASM, etc.).  So, I started this hack about a month ago.  I don't have a title for it yet, but it's a Megaman 2 hack.

Pics from Toxic Man Stage:

I want to try to put the Toxic Seahorse theme in.  I'm not good with music, but I'm going to see if I can compose something.  If anyone wants to help with the music, that would be awesome.  You'll be put in the credits as my music guy! :)

Did someone say music guy?

Do you need original music, or Toxic Seahorse's theme in NES tune? And which format?

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 27, 2016, 03:37:24 am »
Toxic Man
You are making OC Robot Masters? Do you need with any help with those?

RetroRain

• View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:11 am »
Did someone say music guy?

Do you need original music, or Toxic Seahorse's theme in NES tune? And which format?
I would love to have the Toxic Seahorse theme for my level, in NES tune of-course.  Format, doesn't the NES just have one format, NSF?

Have you ever composed Megaman 2 music before?  I believe infidelity did a full documentation on Megaman 2's music format.

You are making OC Robot Masters? Do you need with any help with those?
I might need help with sprite work, since I'm not good at pixel art.

I'm not sure if I'm using Heat Man or Bubble Man as Toxic Man.  I was thinking about modifying the Bubble Lead weapon, to be something more like Acid Burst, in which it bounces as it moves, or naming it Acid Bubble.

You know how Heatman shoots out those 3 flames at the same time?  I was thinking about having him shoot out 3 Bubble Leads (Acid Burst) at once, or if I have Bubbleman be Toxic Man, I'd just have to get rid of his swimming properties, and change his movements.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:40:14 am by Rockman »

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 28, 2016, 12:42:57 am »
I would love to have the Toxic Seahorse theme for my level, in NES tune of-course.  Format, doesn't the NES just have one format, NSF?

Have you ever composed Megaman 2 music before?  I believe infidelity did a full documentation on Megaman 2's music format.
I might need help with sprite work, since I'm not good at pixel art.

I'm a total noob at everything except writing music with Fruity Loops, so you tell me.
I think I'm fairly good at pixelart though. See the Mega Man ones there --> http://caca.t15.org .

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 28, 2016, 03:44:35 am »
Making new music for an NES game isn't as easy as either of you seem to think it is. That said, I think there's an annotated disassembly of the music format used in the first two Mega Man games, so if you're patient and good with a hex editor, you could still turn something out.

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 29, 2016, 09:55:06 am »
blah
Barely have an idea of what you're talking about.

I just make music/pixels (and nothing else). They want that? I'll give them that. The rest is your problem.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:15:52 am by hyakulegger »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 29, 2016, 03:32:51 pm »
I just make music/pixels (and nothing else). They want that? I'll give them that. The rest is your problem.

It's starting to sound like your problem if it is standing in the way of your ultimate goal.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

hyakulegger

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 29, 2016, 11:44:27 pm »

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 29, 2016, 11:48:30 pm »
While I'm excited to see that done, it makes me wonder if you have interest in Final Fantasy Adventure, specially because the iOS/Android remake gives us the colors we need.

I ain't about to ask him to start another project, but that's a great idea. Imagine seeing rabites and mushbooms in color.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 30, 2016, 07:15:35 pm »

The image has been seen before, sorta, but with every new portrait I had in the game included.  The difference with this one is now Kid Bosch 'legitimately' joins the party when you're Kid Ryu.  He technically did but they didn't include the actual party byte being written so he was there but not there at the same time.  Now, he is fully there in the screen using Adult Bosch's stats (Much like Kid Ryu) but also using his equipment, which I hope to change to make it more authentic.

The big deal with this is that this is ALSO including the entirety of the PC stats being moved!  All PC stats started at 7E:51E0, but I altered it heavily so now it's moved back to 7E:5140 allowing for a couple more characters and spell tables.  The problem with that is I had to cut out the bank entirely to make this fit, although, your inventory count will have increased stacks being 15 instead of 9 but also being able to hold 96 items instead of 48.

As of right now, New Game, Saving, Loading, Battle and most events SHOULD properly work with the new PC stat location.  I can guarantee that I missed quite a few though.

Also, with how I moved all the battle sprites and animation data around, I've also 'technically' added in animations for Kid Ryu to use Spells.  He was not capable of that as there was no animation so it'd break the game, now he just uses his 'Defend' stance as a spell animation so no more breaking for him!.. that or it was items.  One of the two anyway would break upon use but now that's fixed.

And sadly, no, Kid Bosch has no battle sprites present.  His sprite set was used for the 'Zombie' status.  Although I'm not against making sprites for his kid form, it seems rather moot when he's not playable beyond the beginning.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:44:55 pm by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 01, 2016, 02:20:36 pm »
What you guys think of my palette for a classic-ish style simon in CV4?

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #1199 on: June 01, 2016, 07:46:34 pm »
Armor and skin blend too much, it's almost hard to tell what he's wearing. More contrast would help.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.