News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: The BIG list of randomizers!!  (Read 50722 times)

PresidentLeever

• View Profile
    • Mini-Revver
Re: The BIG list of randomizers!!
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2018, 09:55:54 am »
Sure, I just think having these explanations you just gave on the page would be helpful for people. I thought it was all about hacks/mods when I first clicked on it.
Mini-reviews, retro sound chip tribute, romhacks and general listage at my site: Mini-Revver.

PolishedTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2018, 02:02:31 pm »
I would like to chime in and say I like the categories you have made. I had not been aware of bingo or restriction-style randomization, but I am curious about them as a result of your presentation of them. I might also want to explore making some. Part of the overarching purpose is to give people reason to play old games again, even if the means or goals are different. Far better to provide the category and allow people to ignore it if they aren't interested, than to abolish the category altogether.

I also hadn't heard the term "Roguelike" and got to do some fun research about that.

Please keep up the good work!  :beer:

SmashManiac

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2018, 12:51:33 am »
Thank you very much PresidentLeever and PolishedTurd, I will take your feedback into consideration for a future update!

### Added randomizers

- Excitebike
- Final Fantasy VI / Brave New World (extensive changes with configurable severity, optional roguelike)
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (restriction section)

### Other changes

- Changed description for the "Roguelikeifyer" and "Beyond Babil" Final Fantasy IV randomizers to "linear roguelike" and "non-linear roguelike" respectively.
- Grouped all restriction randomizers from voidfox.com to a single entry since they share the same URL.

EDIT: Added the Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones self-randomizer that has just been featured on the front page, plus instructions to locate one the Final Fantasy VI competitive randomizer.

EDIT 2: Added AM2R (fangame) randomizer.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:42:24 am by SmashManiac »