News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Transcorp Updates Twice on Wozz  (Read 10263 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Transcorp Updates Twice on Wozz
« on: June 30, 2006, 05:09:02 pm »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Nightcrawler

Since nobody in the community wrote news about the last Transcorp update in over a month and there was a second one today, I figured I may as well write news about myself. )

Nightcrawler has given us some juicy updates on Wozz. The first update is filled with much technical jargon and other ramblings about specific progress that has been made. The second update however, treats us to some nice new screenshots (in addition to the  ones seen here) as well as the news of Wozz entering final beta! He even gives indicication that his beta testing team is actually doing some real work.

It seems like this is evidence of that old man still being able to do the translation gig and actually finish another project. However, I for one am skeptical and will wait and see if Nightcrawler can deliver. Let's keep our fingers crossed and anxiously await playing Wozz in English.

Relevant Link: (http://transcorp.parodius.com)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
Re: Translations: Transcorp Updates Twice on Wozz
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 05:09:38 pm »
NC has offically lost his mind. :P
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:30:57 pm »
quite a while ago. ;)

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 08:27:17 pm »
I'm still looking forward to playing this one. 
Looks so purdy!  :-*

Tintenfisch

• Insect swarm 3, nothing but the best.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:52:35 pm »
Good ol' Nighty.  Though swamped with work he still thinks of us :]

Not that he's the only one swamped in work of course.
A traitor like you doesn't deserve a Texas double whopper, now available at burger king

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:49:25 am »
Go for it old man  ;D

And btw I would have missed this news if there wasn't this thread on the board, cause the sticky news takes up the whole screen and I wasn't even aware that it was a sticky one  ::)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 06:43:08 am »
The post made me laff.

and how could ou not know it was a sticky? it's marked as such, and even has the red border and stuff that the stickies use.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 07:18:39 am »
No red borders for me. An issue with the Transcorp theme?
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 08:37:41 am »
I noticed the update, I just though that if Nightcrawler wanted it on RH.net he would do it himself. Awesome news though...

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 08:42:12 am »
I noticed the update, I just though that if Nightcrawler wanted it on RH.net he would do it himself. Awesome news though...

Uh, didn't he with this post, or was somebody posting under his name and stuff? You have me confused now. I hate you for life. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 08:50:45 am »

Uh, didn't he with this post, or was somebody posting under his name and stuff? You have me confused now. I hate you for life. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

I think he's talking about how no one submitted anything for the Wozz n' Cheese update at Transcorp. I was under that impression, too.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:04:21 am »
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. The Wozz and Cheese update has been there for a while and no one posted about it.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 11:47:03 am »
Sticky News on the Transcorp theme is not red. It's a different shade of purple. I thought it looked better that way. I think it may not be red on one of the other themes as well. I forgot. I guess maybe I should change it to red. However the headline does read STICKY in capital letters. How about you come to ROMhacking.net after you've woken up for the day. :P

I didn't write it about it myself because that issue has been discussed before and people can claim we favor the site to ourselves, or other such stupid claims. Not to mention, writing news about yourself is pretty weird. I forget how Whirlpool went about handling that.

In the future, feel free to write or not write whatever news you want about me, my projects, or whatever. Don't hold back just because I didn't write anything. ;)

And lastly, yes, I've lost my mind!
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 11:52:26 am »
I don't think it's weird writing news about yourself is weird. Reviewing your own patches, though.

Then every patch submitted to the site will be "OMG! DROP WHAT UR DUING AND PLAY ME NOW!!!!!!!1111. ph33t!!" ::)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 11:53:54 am »
I didn't write it about it myself because that issue has been discussed before and people can claim we favor the site to ourselves, or other such stupid claims. Not to mention, writing news about yourself is pretty weird. I forget how Whirlpool went about handling that.

The one time I submitted news to Whirlpool, I just filled out the form with what the news was with a link and all that and one of the staffers (I'm assuming) checked it out and wrote up a news report for the front page. I jsut remember Spinner 8's comments on DBZ: Assault of the Saiyans page: "I don’t know how faithful this is to any kind of DBZ canon, but RedComet says he doesn’t care anyways. Respect." For someone at Whirlpool saying "respect" like taht, I thought that was awesome then (and still do). :D

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 01:49:08 pm »
One of the unwritten rules about donut was that you should never write about yourself. I think Gid did it once, though. :P
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 01:59:41 pm »
Everything here goes. It's a fire sale.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 11:53:09 pm »
One of the unwritten rules about donut was that you should never write about yourself. I think Gid did it once, though. :P

What happens if nobody EVER writes about you though? :(
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

tupou

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 11:52:19 am »
Drop subtle hints on the board, and maybe someone will pick up on it.  ;)

Chickenlump

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 04:31:28 pm »
What is with this "old man" stuff? How old do you need to be to be an "old man"?  I'm almost 28, am I ancient?  :o

Then every patch submitted to the site will be "OMG! DROP WHAT UR DUING AND PLAY ME NOW!!!!!!!1111. ph33t!!" ::)

If I ever saw this line submitted with a patch, I would sooo drop what I'm doing and play it now. A little hype goes a long ways with certain types of people (the easily influenced... me for example... >_> ).