News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Castlevania: Dracula X - Rondo of Blood Translation - Pretty darn complete!  (Read 8333 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: James Horner

As of November 18th, the translation for Dracula X - Rondo of Blood has been more or less completed according to an update on the project progress page. The team has evidently also succeeded in replacing the Japanese voice acting with the English voices of the PSP version.

The patch isn't hosted here due to it's sheer size, but can be downloaded on their website.

Update 2011-12-04: Per the patch's author, additional information on current progress can be found in this forum thread.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://home.comcast.net/~heavyweights/games/drac/index.htm)

Special T

• View Profile
This is awesome, great job!

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Hey, it's on romhacking.net’s front page! :thumbsup:

But this article didn’t mention that the place to get updates on this project is the thread that we released it on, on pcenginefx.
I post all the updates there along with the news that I’m working on inserting all the English level names (using the PSP’s translation for them of course). 

Along with cubanraul asking for people’s thoughts on how to switch between the SJIS font and the VWF font in the games text engine for use in the intro. You can get a better understanding of the situation by reading his post about it on the 5th page and if you have an idea on how to do this please shoot it by him.   

The link:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10588.0

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:48:00 am by Burnt Lasagna »

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
But this article didn’t mention that the place to get updates on this project is the thread that we released it on, on pcenginefx.

RHDN is all user-submitted content, so you can blame Mr Horner for that! Or yourself, for not submitting it on your own ;)

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Or yourself, for not submitting it on your own ;)
Sorry, didn't think that romhacking.net would except a patch like this since it has the the dub from the PSP game in it. I guess not though.

fireball

• View Profile
Well, the only JAPANESE game I could at least understand the opening completely :D  So, do you actually replace the german, too, or do you keep it?

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
Well, the only JAPANESE game I could at least understand the opening completely :D  So, do you actually replace the german, too, or do you keep it?
I did replace the German ...with more German. As in it now has the new German narration from the PSP and VC version of the game, which I believe to be much better than the original. If you think otherwise you can easily swap back the original track after it's done patching.   

stranno

• View Profile
Inserted in Hudson emulator for PSP and working perfect ^_^

Thanks!

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
I'm with ya on this one, boyee! Nice job! I did some playtesting tonight and here's two things:

1. The titlecards for the stages are still in Japanese. I guess this is what you meant by the graphics hacking not being finished yet, but I'm not sure; did I do something wrong?

2. When you select Richter or Maria at the Main Menu, there are voice clips that play, which are still the PC Engine CD Japanese versions. Richter says what I can only phonetically make out as "Masa tana," and Maria goes with Chun Li's classic "Ya ta!!" I believe the PSP version's Richter says "Leave it to me," and I'm not sure what Maria's English quote is.

Can't wait to see your finished product, too! The fact that someone can do stuff like this does THIS to my mind.
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
1. The titlecards for the stages are still in Japanese. I guess this is what you meant by the graphics hacking not being finished yet, but I'm not sure; did I do something wrong?
Still working on this, will happen in the next update for the patch. You can see some of the new English title cards on  pcenginefx (the link is now in the news article)
2. When you select Richter or Maria at the Main Menu, there are voice clips that play, which are still the PC Engine CD Japanese versions. Richter says what I can only phonetically make out as "Masa tana," and Maria goes with Chun Li's classic "Ya ta!!" I believe the PSP version's Richter says "Leave it to me," and I'm not sure what Maria's English quote is.
Sadly I couldn't find the adpcm clips for these (same with the miscellanies grunts). It might be changed later on but I really can't tell.

Spooniest

• Ain't got no berf cer-fi-ti-cate on me now
    • View Profile
Regardless, it's utter nitpicking at any rate. It's nice to have the video clips and endings in what Egoraptor calls "Fucking English."

Props to ya!
I never wanted to work in a pet shop, you know. I wanted to be...a lumberjack.