News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Romanian patches/translation  (Read 2351 times)

bob3099

Romanian patches/translation
« on: November 30, 2011, 05:03:58 pm »
Hello, I am looking for games that have been translated to romanian and cant find any. Any game on any system would do, but ideally classic RPGs like Dragon Quest. Do they even exist?

Tx.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
Re: Romanian patches/translation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 05:18:07 pm »
Heh, what a coincidence! I actually finished translating Chrono Trigger for the Snes into Romanian about a year and a half ago. I'm currently in the process of getting the patch hosted at a good site I know and will latter have it hosted here at RHDN as well. But before that, I still have to fix a few minor bugs in the patch that randomly appear from time to time. Ah, which reminds me... I still have to request for Romanian to be added to the translations list here RHDN (there's currently no field for it). I guess the "Site Talk" forum would be the place to do it. I'll get around to it when I'm when ready.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 07:39:22 pm »
You might be better off using the "Contact Staff" form for that Recca.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 08:13:31 am »
RHDN Policy Page (Linked at the bottom of every non forum page.)
If you have material for a platform that is a.) not available to select in site drop down boxes and b.) does not fall into the above current generation restrictions, please contact staff alerting them of the material you'd like to add along with the platform option that is not currently provided.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

bob3099

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 07:58:31 pm »

wow, that f&#$%ng roxors! Plz drop me a line when it's online ok?

PS: I can beta-test it if you want.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:36:02 pm »
Just wanted to let you guys know that I finished translating the game and released it here at this site:
http://www.dynamic-designs.us/chrono.shtml

I've also used the "Contact Staff" form to request that Romanian be added to the "Translations" section at RHDN as the staff here advised me. When it's approved, I'll also submit the translation here, but for now you can find it over at D-D (the site in the link above). I would like give a special thanks to Red Soul and Wildbill from the D-D board for helping me finalize my translation, along with Bongo` for his help in inserting the splash page into the patch and Taskforce for creating the project page for the translation, as well as hosting the patch at D-D.

Whew, I'm sure glad that I've finally finished with this translation. Let me tell you, this wasn't exactly a walk in the park to say the least. Sure in English, everything sounds good, but translating fantasy and sci-fi words into Romanian while maintaining their original meaning and also making it sound good isn't as easy as some might think. Not to mention that the maximum character limits for the text in some areas (as for item and tech descriptions) were a bit hard to deal with. That and all the bugs, errors and glitches that I had to fix along the way... Anyways, it's done and released now, enjoy!

Edit: Make sure that you use a non-headered rom to apply the patch on. If the rom has a header, you'll have to remove it using a utility such as snestool12 which can be found here at RHDN. That's also how it is for most other patches as well. For more info, check out the .txt file that comes with the .ips patch.

Edit 2: Okay it's been submitted here at RHDN also: http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1702/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:31:07 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)