News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 6677 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

aqualung

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »
Today must be the Easy-Type official day  :laugh:

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 06:28:12 pm »
Nope, JCE3000GT's just trolling.

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 02:49:31 am »
Wasn't there already a hack of 7th saga to make it easier?
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:23:41 am »
Quote from: The description on the RHDN page
There are other “easy” or easier versions of the standard 7th Saga US release out there, but, they focus on balancing the gameplay and difficulty. This EasyType simply just makes you unstoppable when fighting monsters to get through the game as quickly as possible.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 08:11:03 pm »
In fact, all those EasyType hacks he submitted amount to GG/PAR codes hardcoded into the game. Isn't this against site policy?

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
Read the entries again, Aerdan. He often includes brand new items, or changes some items entirely.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 12:10:09 pm »
Kiyoshi Aman, I think your low attacks against him are more against this site policy, although it's not my role to juge that.

If you have something against him (which is obviously the case) say it clearly and loudly instead of making low disguised attacks against him.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 07:21:33 pm »
Read the entries again, Aerdan. He often includes brand new items, or changes some items entirely.
He also has a tendency to introduce enemies that give max EXP/Gold and are super easy.

It's not simply GG codes put into patch form.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Burzy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »
There's nothing wrong with thinking of classic RPGs as Stories to be read, as opposed to games to be grinded. I love a great story, but sometimes I want to re-live a game's story in an afternoon, as opposed to a week or month of playing.

In general I like the feeling of 'growing powerful' in an RPG over time. I like the grind, but I cut my teeth on SNES' Final Fantasy II. Games these days are so damn easy it's sickening. I would guess there are some people who don't realize this and see easytype hackers as a generation of wimps who didn't earn their stripes spending years trying to beat the Clinger-Winger on Battletoads xD...  Don't misunderstand these people.. .they just want to read a great story with nostalgic music and images. Doesn't mean they aren't man-enough or whatever :P

I'm sure when they "play", they play.  Though to be blunt, it's none of my business or anyone else's if they want easy-mode.  I just found the discussion interesting and wanted to share that.  Different strokes...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:07:46 pm by Burzy »
Video I made for a game I love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdX7apGn0xM

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 07:06:08 am »
In fact, all those EasyType hacks he submitted amount to GG/PAR codes hardcoded into the game. Isn't this against site policy?

So, why do you post false information without actually knowing what those mods do or what they actually edit?  I don't use cheat codes and or cheat code devices as a base for any of my modifications, I use a program called Hex Workshop to search and  locate the data.  Sometimes I even get creative and code a program in Visual Basic to do the modifying for me once I get all the data I want.   I started on Yousei's FF3ed FF3us/FF6 hacking forum in 2000 and I've been doing this for almost 13 years so you need have a little faith, better research and an open mind that I know what I'm doing.  Don't like the mods, then don't play them?  Simple concept. 

As for the trolling comment, check your private message so we can discuss this in private being as that's the appropriate thing to do.

What Defines A Monster?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:31 am »
So, why do you post false information without actually knowing what those mods do or what they actually edit?  I don't use cheat codes and or cheat code devices as a base for any of my modifications

He never posted false info, nor did he say you used cheat codes or cheat code devices. What he said was, from what I can see, TECHNICALLY accurate. Your patches do the same thing that Game Genie codes do- they modify the hex code for certain variables in order to give the player a massive advantage.

I'm not saying they're bad hacks at all- if someone just wants to go through the story of game without level grinding, your patch is the way to go. But he's not lying. Myself? I wouldn't need an Easy-Mode patch for SaGa III, but some people might.
What sayest thou, o fool? I say that religion hath done my bidding for me- while ye pretend free will exists, ye take it away and convert by force. Such is ye, who do my work.

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »
He never posted false info, nor did he say you used cheat codes or cheat code devices. What he said was, from what I can see, TECHNICALLY accurate. Your patches do the same thing that Game Genie codes do- they modify the hex code for certain variables in order to give the player a massive advantage.

Yes, technically any data that is edited using a hex editor can have a cheat code created from it.   ;)  I modified hex values directly using hex workshop or a visual basic program I code to do the work for me, since I do not use any cheat codes as a basis for my mods then technically he was incorrect with the assumption.  But, that surely is a judgement call on each person to decide isn't it?  Any bugfix patches can also be considered in the same category since all they do is modify hex data values too among other hex data only patches.  I think its a moot point really since it is clear that most of these aren't just game genie codes hardcoded as a few of you here have already pointed out.   ;D  I just got irritated at the accusation that all I did was use a cheat code, especially since I did spend actual time out of my life to locate and edit the data by hand.   :laugh:

Funny thing is, I coded these originally for myself and my mates for those times where we want to breeze through a game to finish it quickly so we can enjoy the story.  They have nothing to do with people that cannot beat a game due to lack of skill, how hard the game is perceived or for the people who are lazy.  It is purely a convenience sort of thing, especially if one has played and beaten a particular game a few times and doesn't feel like grinding every single time they play it.  A prime example is I love Final Fantasy I for the NES with a passion, but, I do not feel like grinding out battles or even spend any time fighting when all I want to do is go through the game itself and enjoy the story and environment.  And of course who doesn't appreciate a good monster stomping once and a while. 

I do release these to the public in the hopes that others could enjoy them too (and some have), and I didn't expect to get this kind of reaction actually.  I could keep these to myself/my mates and or post them on my website only (the likely outcome).  Submitting these on ROM hacking sites are just a courtesy for me and others, it won't bother me a bit if all of these EasyType mods are deleted from this or any other ROM hacking site for whatever reason.   :thumbsup: 

Now, my point has been made clear while trying to be as diplomatic as possible within my patience level.  :laugh:  I digress now.  Lets move on to more positive things.  :beer:

Zeemis

• ジーミス
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 06:35:53 pm »
Deciding to remove this post, not worth the trouble that I'd receive.
Spoiler:
Nope, JCE3000GT's just trolling.
----------------------------
Why are you being such a tool, bro. Seriously, there are people in this world that encompass billions of people whom would be interested in this.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:48:02 pm by Zeemis »

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:03 pm »
Anything anyone does for anyone without request of payback is good in my books.

Why didn't you just make everything 1hp and video you creaming through the game and then just watch it. You wont even have to lift a finger again after you press the play button.
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jazz#9202

Aquillion

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 01:08:50 am »
Anything anyone does for anyone without request of payback is good in my books.

Why didn't you just make everything 1hp and video you creaming through the game and then just watch it. You wont even have to lift a finger again after you press the play button.
Someone should make the opposite, a "plot-removal hack."  Transforms the game into a series of context-free random encounters.

(This would actually drastically improve several games, like most of the Grandia series.)