News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: SD Detective Blader Translation Released  (Read 5757 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: SD Detective Blader Translation Released
« on: March 06, 2012, 08:52:06 pm »

Update By: Pennywise

It's....................BLADER TIME!

A lot of time went into this game and it should show as our translation is pretty much perfect. Make no mistake, this game is only for people who like an old school challenge as the game gets incredibly hard, has a high encounter rate, and grinding is necessary to prevent bosses and enemies from completely destroying you. Plays like DQ, but with a few twists and non-generic story that can be a lot of fun and quite rewarding for your troubles and difficulty. So for those willing to indulge themselves in the game, they will a find a real beauty of a diamond waiting for them.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://aishsha.blogspot.com/)

saito

• View Profile
    • .:TransGen:.
Re: Translations: SD Detective Blader Translation Released
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »
Congrats, it looks like a really good game for the screenshots. Shiny font and hacking, good job guys. :thumbsup:
.: TransGen :.

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:35 pm »
fantastic looking game! never even heard of it! Love NES futuristic RPGs since there arent many 8 bit ones

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:05 pm »
It's....................BLADER TIME!

STOP! BLADER TIME!

Actually, I played like halfway through the game in Japanese (before getting stuck) and it was pretty good. Though as you mentioned, probably only good if you want to see someone make a better, and sci-fi, DQ1. I remember it was similar except that different weapons actually had different effects (like I think some enemies had weaknesses to certain weapons) and some teammates who will sometimes help you if they feel like it. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 12:27:39 am »
Well, there's basically two types of weapons, swords and guns with swords typically attacking once per turn and guns attacking multiple times per turn.

By the end of the game, aside from the occasional healing, the other ally is pretty damn useless dealing like 4 damage to enemies.

There was a brief mention in the readme, but this game is like a 4th entry in the Space Sheriff trilogy, which was part of the Metal Heroes live action TV series in Japan. Footage from the original series was used in VR Troopers and Beetleborgs for those of us stateside etc. I do recall watching those cheesy shows along with Power Rangers when I was a little kid. So it's more of that.

Also one other thing that should be mentioned is that I enjoyed the music very much and some of the bosses even have their own themes.

ded302

• View Profile
    • Earthtale Studios
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:35:26 am »
Good job guys! This will be the first game I play ever since I stopped for a bit.
Completed projects are Bloody Warriors and Shinsenden.

keithisgood

• [DANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ] [TERROR HORROR]
    • View Profile
    • keithisgood
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 11:46:18 am »
Is the ending to this game massively disappointing (read: nonexistent), or am I doing something terribly wrong? Jado kills me without a fight!

elbobelo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »
The SD logo reminds me of Scooby-Doo's dog collar.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 12:52:03 pm »
Is the ending to this game massively disappointing (read: nonexistent), or am I doing something terribly wrong? Jado kills me without a fight!
This is one of the endings ) There are two, actually, as you need to find the God Equipment.
The SD logo reminds me of Scooby-Doo's dog collar.
This is Blader's badge )))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:36:05 pm by aishsha »