News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure PSX Translation  (Read 133335 times)

yuka

• View Profile
Re: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure PSX Translation
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:20 am »
Sorry, quick noob question: what format will the PSX image have to be to apply the patch? I have an .img for the game, does it have to be .iso? (I patched plenty of other game roms, but never a PSX image...). I think at the time I had no trouble converting my .img to an eboot for the psp, but I'm just wondering. Thank you for your work and dedication!

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:00 am »
ISO, BIN, IMG, MDF and whatever other format all share the same exact container data. What really matters is the internal format of sectors. As long as the ISO provided is Mode 2 2352 bytes/sector you should do fine with any patch released.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

J Chastain

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2011, 02:32:05 pm »
Wanted to hop in and say thanks for taking on this project! I've been curious about it for a while but it seems like the non-linearity would make it nigh-impossible to play without mechanically following a FAQ.

Metroid

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2012, 07:49:30 am »
So... How's it going with the project? I really like this game without even understanding one bit what they're saying. I thought this game would never get translated... and then I discovered this topic.

I really appreciate what SteveMartin and Esperknight are doing and they're fantastic for translating a very good game. I hope it's going well with the project.

SolarBoyMatt

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2012, 10:44:15 am »
I was just about to pop in too see if there's been any progress. Hope everything's been going well, even if there hasn't been a whole lot of progress lately. Keep up the good work guys!

esperknight

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2012, 03:37:59 pm »
Quite a bit of progress :D  I'll let SteveMartin speak more about the translation portion (although I can say that the first draft has been completed).  On my end though I'm applying the VWF to everything and doing other odds and ends that are left.  It seems they decided that everything needed it's own text routine (choices, items, the animals...) so been fixing those as I see them.

To wet y'alls appetite here's some screenshots :)  The intro I need to fix the spacing on the text a bit but it's not the final translation yet so haven't done it just yet.  Enjoy!

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »
Is ネカ the currency of the game? If so, that's funny. It's just カネ (money) backwards. XD

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2012, 08:19:49 pm »
Will we be collecting Yenom in this game, then? :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2012, 06:04:09 am »
Thanks for the update and screenshots!  :thumbsup: *drooling*

SteveMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2012, 08:23:31 am »
Will we be collecting Yenom in this game, then? :P

Localization of a lot of things hasn't been firmly decided yet. Neka is one of the things that at the moment is being called Yenom just for the sake of preserving the original pun =p But there's still animal names and characters that also have original references or names that are puns for a Japanese audience that would be lost in the English translation if they were to stay as is. I'm sure some remember seeing vgboy's localized names for the animals back a couple pages, if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. Needless to say, opinions differ on if stuff like this should be localized or kept as the original, and I'm still not sure where I side.

Speaking of which I still need to confer with him more since I was using his help still(the whole intro to the Fakemoon game I used his translation for since it was tons better than what I got).

Not sure what else to say. But this project is still much alive, no worries :) Eien Ni Hen has already done a first pass proofread, and it's going through a second proofread now, for anyone wondering where the translation portion stands at the moment.
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2012, 05:28:31 am »
Good to see we're not the only ones, on this board, to still be interested in this game:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/psx/moon/reviews/moonstrev1.html

:)

[edit]

You guys probably know of this already, but just in case: the official Moon website had lists of characters and monster names, and other cool stuff. Might be handy?

http://web.archive.org/web/20001204071100/www.lovedelic.co.jp/pub/moon.html

And the stuff cut from the game:

http://tcrf.net/Moon:_Remix_RPG_Adventure

Finally, kinda off topic, there's this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/02/harvest-moon-creator-starts-new-company/

And (from GhaleonQ's post on Neogaf forum) , Yoshiro Kimura twitted some time ago that:

Yoshiro Kimura: "Regarding #moon2, I'm overflowing with eagerness/interest but not sure if we can do it? ?????? I'm thinking."

Maybe we'll finally get a sequel with the new studio they created?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:09:02 pm by yuka »

blood_donor

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2012, 08:51:21 am »
Hi,

I made an account on Rom Hacking for one sole purpose,

To thank you for your work on translating Moon: Remix RPG Adventure   :woot!:

So excited, best news ever.

zenks

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »
^

This. Having been playing Moon on my PSP and not really getting far due to the language barrier I'm kinda psyched and it's great to see this shaping up unlike the previous translation attempt. ;D

SteveMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:15 pm »
Just did another file for all the animal descriptions that I'd been putting off for a couple months now :) Dunno how occupied Esper is or what he last worked on, but as far as the translating goes, the main script is still being proofread by Ghaleon. Think we've all become a bit busy since progress is slow at the moment. But I don't think it will ever "die"  :P

I'm the one that made and found all that unused stuff there btw(shameless promotion that no one cares about). Forget if I ever linked to it already or not. But I showed it to Kimura and he apparently was starting to get so many retweets about it that he didn't want to talk about it anymore  :laugh:

I hope this can be finalized within the coming couple of months, but who knows.
Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:03 pm »
Thanks a lot for the update. Keep up the good work and good luck! :thumbsup:

pikapika

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »
I signed up just for cheering you up!!! Keep the good work, we'll be waiting!!!  :thumbsup:

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2012, 01:20:32 am »
looking great so far

Levant

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »
Also registered just for cheering you up, it's beyond awesome you decided to translate this obscure gem. You are just not translating some Japanese game, you're making history here because moon - Remix RPG Adventure is maybe the greatest game of all time. At least it is the ultimate pinnacle as games-as-art and a totally mind-blowing experience. You're doing a great job, and I sincerely think you will pull this through. I was devastated when I heard out the old translation project died, but when I found out a new team is tackling this my hopes were brought back. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Endnesia is next, right? =)

Metroid

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2012, 04:54:46 am »
Endnesia is next, right? =)

How many english gamers have a copy of Endonesia? =P
I have the game though and I've beaten it. It's a very entertaining and fun game to play. I like them both equally.
But translating Endonesia, it's pretty much unlikely. The game's not even known in Japan. But I hope I'm wrong...

yuka

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:09 am »
How many english gamers have a copy of Endonesia? =P
I have the game though and I've beaten it. It's a very entertaining and fun game to play. I like them both equally.
But translating Endonesia, it's pretty much unlikely. The game's not even known in Japan. But I hope I'm wrong...

Funny you'd mention that, a friend of mine is currently in Japan and I asked her to look for it for me, without much hope since the game seems to be rare EVEN in Japan... and she did! So I should finally be able to play it very soon. (I'm in the UK) Exciting... except I won't understand what's going on, haha...

Back on topic: I hope the translation of MOON is going well, and thanks again for your hard work!