News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure PSX Translation  (Read 133329 times)

CountBeachula

• View Profile
Re: Moon: Remix RPG Adventure PSX Translation
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2012, 11:20:16 am »
Hey, I know you folks are super busy with Moon at the moment and probably have other projects you're excited to work on after that - but I thought I'd put something through your radar, you've probably already heard of Giftpia, right?

http://kirameki.altervista.org/eng/giftpia.php

These guys translated all the text and they're looking for someone who might be interested in making a patch.

Anyway, keep up the good work you guys rule and I can't wait to play Moon!  :thumbsup:

Myria

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 05:38:02 am »
Is this the game where you start off as a kid playing a stereotypical RPG, then falls asleep to a dream world?  Where you see that the "heroes" actually created a mess behind the scenes?

CountBeachula

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »
^Yep. So thrilled to play it.

esperknight

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:53 pm »
Funny you should mention GiFTPiA, CountBeachula :)  I'm the hacker for Captain Rainbow and do have plans to help out Kirameki with inserting their script for GiFTPiA :)

CountBeachula

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »
^That is so awesome!  :thumbsup:

Agley

« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »
Thanks to everyone involved for working to bring a game to an audience that never would've played it otherwise. It's probably kind of weird to be saying this on romhacking, but it's never going to stop being awesome how people are kind enough to volunteer their time and effort to share things that make them happy with strangers.

And esperknight, weren't you involved with the Utena sega saturn game too? You're amazing! :3

Merta

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2013, 03:35:44 am »
Reading about the game via hardcore gaming 101 and one or two other sites I am very interested in this game. It seems to be an avant garde deconstruction of the RPG genre which I find to be compelling enough.

vincent_vincent

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2013, 02:34:52 am »
Same here, as much as am interested in this, am also trying very hard not to get spoiled to get the best experience when this patch is released.

rokuso3

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »
Same here, as much as am interested in this, am also trying very hard not to get spoiled to get the best experience when this patch is released.

Yeah, me too!! Right now I'm playing Chulip (which I heard is much worse than Moon) and I'm loving it! Now I'm even more interested in Moon. Too bad most Lovedelic-related games are Japan-only  :( ,they seem to be very interesting and original!

Lilfut

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2013, 05:40:57 pm »
So what's the status of this thing? I keep hearing about it, is there some obstacle that's keeping people from finishing a patch?

CountBeachula

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:41 am »
These guys are giving it their all. Patience is key.

esperknight

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »
Agley, yup, I am :)  I'm a big fan of Utena so definitely interested in seeing that one done.

Lilfut, time :)

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2013, 03:39:27 pm »
I suppose I should give all the eager fans a more specific state the project is in right now. I'm a bit of a johnny come lately to the project and am a friend of Esper's, so I have access to the project, files etc. What's pretty obvious is that the translation is finished and inserted back into the game with a VWF. The game is playable. I guess you could say this covers the main portion of the game, but a lot of the misc portion of the game hasn't been hacked yet. This is nothing game-breaking, it's just little things that need some love and care. Taken by themselves they're not much, but when you add them together you got a hell of a lot to do. I don't expect it will be finished anytime soon and we're probably looking at months here at the least.

MisterBadger

« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »
a lot of the misc portion of the game hasn't been hacked yet. This is nothing game-breaking, it's just little things that need some love and care.
So, most of the dialogue is done? Seeing as you have access to the files, would publishing a rough draft of sorts be out of the question? I'm incredibly excited, but I suppose I could wait a few months if not. Thank you for the update either way, I've been anticipating this!

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:58 pm »
The script is separated into 60 or files and while it appears to be store text by area, I don't think the whole thing is stored in linear fashion. So it'd be kinda hard to follow if it were published as-is without additional work.

CountBeachula

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:15 am »
You guys rule! I don't care if there's still months to go, the fact that somebody is translating this to begin with is a godsend.

SteveMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »
Someone else once asked me if I could give just the script, which makes no sense to me. If you want to play the game properly, best wait for it to actually be in the game. Staring at all the English text isn't going to help you identify which parts of the game the text corresponds to, and if anyone's seen a dumped script for a game, it isn't ever in a linear order anyway, as Penny said.

Plus there's already an English walkthrough of the game here for anyone that impatient :P

http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/moon.htm

It was already posted earlier in the thread, but just FYI I never knew of it until after our translation started and have nothing to do with it.

Currently working on Moon: Remix RPG Adventure translation

Killercheat

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »
Pardon me for asking, but is this translation still alive? I'd very much like to play this game.

LumInvader

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2013, 02:07:11 am »
Pardon me for asking, but is this translation still alive? I'd very much like to play this game.
Just because they haven't posted here in 3 months here doesn't mean they've stopped working on it.  Jeez...

esperknight

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2013, 07:47:49 am »
Just because they haven't posted here in 3 months here doesn't mean they've stopped working on it.  Jeez...

Thanks LumInvader :)  Quite true :)

I just tend to forget to post is all.  We are very much alive and progress being made.  Animals VWF is done as well as items again (found a bug where if you viewed an animal it broke the items...).  Menus are next, then name entry and possibly the MD player.  And then editing and bug fixes as needed.

So yeah, very much alive :)