It might, might not, depends how much time I'm able to put into it over the months and such.
Just a little progress report, though, not much.
1. Got most of the custom menu back to normal. Can't add a few things in it yet because I have to add in the missing strings, which, there's no room for until I move things.
2. Item Menu is back to normal. ALL items and pointers for them have been moved. The VWF item routine was completely altered. It went through a huge list of pointers before to make sure the item pointer was there, cut that whole thing out. It now loads the item #, doubles the value, loads the new pointer location and done.
3. Removed all item pointers in RAM (I seriously have NO clue why they did this).
4. Removed the '<Accessory>' etc.. text. That won't be needed anymore.
5. All item names and such are now into a Atlas/Cartographer format. Just.. need to figure out what all the 'official' item names are from the latest games and match them correctly. May need some help on figuring all of this out.
6. I ripped all of Dhaos's new voice actor's voices from Tales of Phantasia X. The game stored the voices in a similar format to the Playstation format, as in, they recorded everything sequentially kind of. With that, it included ALL of Dhaos's unused spells and MANY MANY other enemies doing the same thing.
7. Having mixed thoughts on Brambald's voice. His voice in the anime/game is quite deep and we have a fitting voice for that, but it's INCREDIBLY hard to work with and very limiting. The one I have right now currently is easier to work with, has a horde of custom voices done already AND we can get more of his dialogue from the game it's originally from so it's not too big of a deal. But still worrisome.
8. Mint has a horde of custom voices ready.
9. Cless has some fun custom voices for later on.
Not really much inside the game yet but it's getting there.