News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Translation Complete for the First Adventure Game Relased on the Famicom!  (Read 47957 times)

knuck

penis penis penis

The logic of interweb authors is filled with hypocrisy.

"I can rip from Square because penispenipenis (insert bullshit reason here), but you can't rip from me because I've worked hard on this!!!"
But hey, it's internet.

Xkeeper

• View Profile
I suppose it's also worth mentioning that after pondering it more in-depth you make it sound like I should get on my knees and grovel/beg for DvD to use my font patch and/or accept help.

Words fail me.
I run a wiki.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Or you could act like a human being instead of a consummate jackass.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Xkeeper

• View Profile
con·sum·mate adj. (kən-sŭm'ĭt, kŏn'sə-mət)
Complete or perfect in every respect: consummate happiness. See synonyms at perfect.

Good to know that I'm excellent at what I do.

And on that note, "Or I could just realize how stupid your logic is here and go do my own thing", which I fully plan on doing now.
I run a wiki.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
The sad thing here is, knuck hit the nail on the head describing your behavior.

We know you can make a badass font and a clean, efficient menu. Now, can you open your mouth without spewing crap in every direction?
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Xkeeper

• View Profile

We know you can make a badass font and a clean, efficient menu. Now, can you open your mouth without spewing crap in every direction?
(paraphrased)

<Xkeeper> knuck, was your post directed to me
<Xkeeper> just checking before I go make an idiot of myself
<knuck> uhm
<knuck> none of it was
<knuck> xD

:)
I run a wiki.

knuck

What the hell.
holy intelligence batman!

Xkeeper

• View Profile
Since it's 2:10 AM and I've gotten a headache from listening to the same song looping for the past three hours, I'll give my closing argument:

Any community based around blatant hypocrisy needs to seriously re-evaluate their modus-operandi.

Good night, and I hope you all enjoy my unofficial mod. Let me know if there's anything wrong with the font (aside from the M -- I haven't gotten to it yet.)

Edit: I'll go into more detail. My original plan was to release another patch with a modified font/dialogue/menu, leaving all the original notices in tact. I had no intention of removing any of them (but simply putting, say, "Touched up by : yrs truly"), but, you know, even editing someone else's patch is seen as stealing regardless of intentions here I guess.

Oh well. Aparrently you like to think of yourselves as something above thieves... you're welcome to come back to reality any time, btw.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:25:26 am by Xkeeper »
I run a wiki.

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
This is as far as it goes.

Xkeeper, if DvD didn't do this translation, you couldn't even complain about it, because you'd have no fucking clue what was going on at all. So instead of bitching around just shut up and don't play it if it doesn't meet your standards. And I absolutely can't stand your tone. If you don't have anything intelligent to say besides whining and insulting then don't say anything.

Topic locked.

And before you bring this up: I don't give a damn how you manage things on Acmlm.

You can send me complains via PM.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Thanks for getting this one Kaio.

Jesus..  I go away for several hours and look what happens.

I don't care how things are done on other boards, but this type of thing.. specifically disrespecting each other, name calling, needless hostility etc. are NOT going to go on here.

Unlike other boards, we want people to WANT to come here and have a positive community experience.

That's one thing that helps us stand out. Generally we try and keep the crap to a minimum here.

Xkeeper, consider this public warning. Please act your age man. Share your opinion in a civilized, non hostile way. If you don't agree  that's what should be done, then you don't belong here. We ask that you have some respect for others here. It's better that way for everyone.

DvD, sorry we had to kill your topic. No good can come out of it anymore keeping it open for feedback.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations