Well this is my first one, and I have already said that I'm ready for a pounding, so I'll fire the opening salvo on myself.
- Documentation says that the rippler bug is fixed but it ain't. I applied Terii Senshi's patch, and switched the change from v2.8 to v2.9.
- Also, I've gone through and updated the monster names to (mostly) the GBA monster names.
- Celes' intro has the middle line off center slightly. This is now corrected.
- The inscription on the Statues on the mountain where the Espers are is now the GBA version
- Tina's line about the barrier that protects the gate is now the line from the GBA version about the Triad's power connecting the gate between the worlds
- vivify93 has made my ugly font not ugly. Check it.
This turned out to be a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, but I'm not giving up, at least not till Thursday, because then I have rehearsal.
I wanted to include the Czar Dragon in the Hard Patch, but I can't get it to appear. I'm using FF3usME, and no matter which monster I replace in the Formation editor, I start up the game and the regular monster appears. Hwwwhaaat--?
Here's another interesting characteristic of this program I've discovered while playtesting.
The Floating Continent is the only place where, if you save state, then enter a random battle, then load state and walk until you enter another random battle, the monster formations will change. Everywhere else in the game (I believe), if you save state, enter a random battle, load state, then enter another random battle, the formations will be the same, i.e., you will encounter the same monsters. Not so on the Floating Continent. Every time you enter a battle, the formation you fight is randomly determined.
Obviously with the exception of Ultima Weapon and the clown monsters after the halfway mark.
Does anyone know why this is? It's not exactly vital, but I've wondered about it for a long time.