News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Treasure Conflix names  (Read 16901 times)

Vehek

• View Profile
Treasure Conflix names
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:43:10 am »
I've been looking into the game Treasure Conflix somewhat recently, and I'm curious about some names. I'm not planning on translating, I mostly want something to use in my notes besides the original Japanese or descriptions.

People
ヴォイス
-Dictionaries say this is "Voice". Any other interpretations?

Places
レイズルタウン
ランドスベース
-Currently calling this "Landsbase"
カズサベース
フォート・ファトラス
-Currently calling this "Fort Fathruss"
ジャンクタウン ペパミント
-Currently calling this "Junktown Peppermint". But I just noticed that "ペパミント" lacks the chōonpu that exists in the dictionary's version of peppermint.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Treasure Conflix names
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 02:44:41 am »
"Voice" is the obvious romanization; context may suggest something else. As for the others:

"Reizurutaun" - "Rayzel Town" (or however you want to spell it)
"Randosubeesu" - "Randos Base" (or "Landos Base")
"Kazusabeesu" - "Kazsa Base" (or "Kazusa Base")
"Footo Fatorasu" - "Fort Fathruss" (not exact but close enough - looks very nice!)

As for the last one, it looks like the kana are an alternate way of writing "Peppermint," so yeah. That said, "Peppermint, the Junk Town" or "the Junk Town of Peppermint" would be a slightly more natural way to render the name.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 06:07:55 am »
I don't know about Fathruss; when I see "Fath," I want to pronounce it as I would "Bath."

You might consider Fatoras, which I believe is the Portuguese word for Factoring.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 09:07:40 am »
Is this game even emulated properly? Didn't know. :)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:24:40 am »
You could always use Fort Fatlus:

MOOOOOOOM!
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 10:29:06 am »
Vehek, do you know if this game has multiple endings? I finished it thanks to a niconico video, but the ending, after having it translated, sounds like a bad ending.

I don't believe I collected all the treasures, so I don't know if that would change the ending.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 10:52:50 am »
I'm not planning on translating
Shucks, you got my hopes up.  :(

Is this game even emulated properly? Didn't know. :)
As I recall, there's two versions: one which is largely garbled, and one "fixed" version that's been expanded to twice the size (and is consequently mostly empty space).

Mind you, the last time I looked into this, accurate Satellaview emulation (i.e. with the Satellaview BIOS) was not yet a reality, so it's possible even the garbled version can be made to work now.

This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »
Oh, yeah, this game is emulated properly. You have to use SNESGT, which is the best one for Satellaview emulation.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:20 pm »
Vehek, do you know if this game has multiple endings? I finished it thanks to a niconico video, but the ending, after having it translated, sounds like a bad ending.

I don't believe I collected all the treasures, so I don't know if that would change the ending.
Sorry, I haven't gotten very far in. I have text dumps though, and I don't see much in the sections for the ending that isn't seen in the Niconico video.
Spoiler:
The only unseen line in the dialog packet used by the last scene is "制御不能!"

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »
Oh you have a text dump? Would it be okay if you could send it to me so I could give it to someone that knows japanese and see if he can confirm any other text that might look like an ending?

I mean, assuming you don't know enough Japanese to do it yourself, that is.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 06:00:51 pm »
d4s made a patch to convert BS Dynami Tracer! to a more usual ROM layout.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »
o rly?  I'm kind of curious about the technical details. 

Is the same process necessary for BS Love is Balance?  (That one was completely crashing ZSNES for a while.)
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 06:31:21 pm »
As I understand it, what it changes is the save system from Satellaview mapping to typical mapping.

Is the same process necessary for BS Love is Balance?  (That one was completely crashing ZSNES for a while.)
I've gotten this to work in ZSNES somehow by changing the internal header.

Now, from what I've found so far, Treasure Conflix compresses most of its data. Some of the data, such as the world map and character graphics, is stored in the Satellaview base cart's PSRAM once decompressed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:47:06 pm by Vehek »

KiddoCabbusses

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 01:29:03 pm »
Excuse my first post being just to jump in the middle of a thread. I just wanted to express support for this translation. :)
The Satellaview needs more love.

Oh, yeah, this game is emulated properly. You have to use SNESGT, which is the best one for Satellaview emulation.

While I haven't checked if current versions would break anything or not, BSNES should be able to run it run it under the "Lload Special" -> "Load BS-X Cartridge" option.

On the note of Dynami Tracer, I haven't heard of much progress on a fan translation for that in a while. Any reports?

I shall now dig around the forum for signs of other Satellaview fan translations.

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 04:45:56 pm »
I would also be curious about any other new work on Dynami Tracer.
Now, from what I've found so far, Treasure Conflix compresses most of its data. Some of the data, such as the world map and character graphics, is stored in the Satellaview base cart's PSRAM once decompressed.
Presumably the larger version (BS Treasure Conflix (J) [f1].smc ?) has had some form of decompression majicks worked upon it.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:25 pm »

While I haven't checked if current versions would break anything or not, BSNES should be able to run it run it under the "Lload Special" -> "Load BS-X Cartridge" option.

Hey there Kiddo.

Yeah, but BSNES makes it more complicated that it should be to load BSX games. On SNESGT you can load it as a normal game and you can even modify the time to start live games at the end of the broadcast if you wish.

KiddoCabbusses

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »
Hey there Kiddo.

Yeah, but BSNES makes it more complicated that it should be to load BSX games. On SNESGT you can load it as a normal game and you can even modify the time to start live games at the end of the broadcast if you wish.

This is true - and loading BS Tantei Club and BS Marvelous with this can be quite a blast, too. :)
I just brought up BSNES's compatibility to let people know of alternate options. There's also a select few ROMs which only BSNES loads, although they're mostly just magazines.
The "SNES9XPP XE" emulator should be able to run it as well - that one's probably more an alternative to SNESGT, since there's some ROMs it can run properly that SNESGT cannot, and vice versa (For example, in XPP XE you can actually clear laps in the BS F-Zero Leagues. It's also the only alternative to BSNES for loading Konae-chan no DokiDoki Pengin Kazoku with sound, as for some reason SNESGT doesn't like it.)

Apologies to anyone who would hope one emulator would be the "best" for Satellaview. ^^;

Jorpho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:09 am »
SNEeSe worked unusually well for a few things (if I had to take a wild guess, I suppose it allowed the use of memory addresses that other emulators would not), but as I said, that was a long time ago.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:48 pm »
Nice project! I did a treasure guide of the game to make it a little bit more popular and accessible to western gamers.

Keep up the work! I really would like to see a translation of this game! :beer:

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:15:34 pm »
But some of those treasures can't be obtained unless the event is triggered. Can you also make a text guide explaining how to trigger those events?