News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Energy Breaker Progress  (Read 15600 times)

Disnesquick

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Energy Breaker Progress
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 01:16:26 pm »
As far as I am aware, NO emulator runs this properly. SNES9X has some issues with the HDMA windows as I recall (if this has been fixed then please let me know). running the game on a copier seems to be the best bet and the patch is 100% compatible with original hardware on last test. You'll need the copier anyway to dump your cartridge for application of the patch  ;)

BTW. Satsu, is there bandwidth enough on yuudachi for a manual scan or would you prefer I find some hosting offsite for that?

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 05:48:32 pm »
Pardon me if this sounds a little...well, dumb, but do copiers have any sort of debugging capabilites (I'm thinking a PC link cable type deal similar to what official dev kits) at all?
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

sa♥tsu

• Back against the thin wall
    • View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 03:39:19 am »
BTW. Satsu, is there bandwidth enough on yuudachi for a manual scan or would you prefer I find some hosting offsite for that?

No problems there. We have space and bandwidth like a mofo.

Edit: BTW, I picked up some Sobranie Black Russians the other day. You didn't tell me the filters are gold! D:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 05:02:56 pm by satsu »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 09:02:58 pm »
Where the hell do you find copiers online, anyway? i did a search agout three months ago and couldn't find anything. I tried eBay too, yet found nothing.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 09:17:17 pm »
I bought mine from http://www.tototek.com/, there's a few other places that sell them as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure eBay doesn't allow copiers (Though they do pop up from time to time, I almost got a Super Magicom off there before someone put in some ridiculous bid)

GenocideHeart

• The Solitary Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 09:24:55 am »
Well, for me copiers aren't an option. Living in Europe really sucks when one wants to buy online (shipping prices are retarded), and my chances of finding a copier for sale in an italian shop are about the same of pigs sprouting wings and learning how to fly.

That said, which emulator gives the least problems with EB?
"The Scorching Flames shall envelop evil. Pay for your sins with death! Lost Seraph!"
--Grim Angel Ledah, Riviera: the Promised Land

sa♥tsu

• View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 09:59:53 am »
That said, which emulator gives the least problems with EB?

To be honest, I just use the latest ZSNES WIPs. Although it can't display the map screen properly, it at least displays the name of the location you're going to. Rather than using a traditional map that you walk around and fight enemies on, it's more of a location select screen, so it doesn't matter too much that you can't see it. You really spend very little time on the maps.

byuu

• View Profile
    • A farewell message
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 03:40:37 pm »
ZSNES totally borks the map in EB. I haven't tried it in SNES9x or SNEeSe, but I hear they both have issues. No idea what those issues are.
Super Sleuth has a tiny glitch when the map is scrolling around at the start.
bsnes has displayed the map perfectly since v0.013. The only issue in bsnes that I'm aware of is that on some screens, the mosaic will wrap around the screen (from the left to the right or vice versa) and show up on the first 1-8 pixels or so. It goes away when the mosaic is turned off again. I don't know if the real game does that because the edges are cut off by the TV screen. If anyone will verify this is a bug, I'll go ahead and fix it. Of course, in return for using bsnes you'll need a PC with at least a $100 processor, and you'll have to give up savestates and stick to save RAM only.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 04:18:19 pm by byuu »

GenocideHeart

• The Solitary Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 05:23:54 pm »
The one thing I can sacrifice is sound. I'm completely deaf from both ears, so I couldn't care less if an emu kills sound. If there's an emu that lets me play EB perfectly while sacrificing sound as a side effect, I'll gladly pick that one.
"The Scorching Flames shall envelop evil. Pay for your sins with death! Lost Seraph!"
--Grim Angel Ledah, Riviera: the Promised Land

MegaManJuno

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2006, 07:26:47 pm »
Just a note on the map issue, the changelog for the 5/27 WIP build of ZSNES claims to have fixed it (haven't tried it myself though).

sa♥tsu

• View Profile
    • sa-two.yuudachi.net
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 02:20:46 pm »
Just a note on the map issue, the changelog for the 5/27 WIP build of ZSNES claims to have fixed it (haven't tried it myself though).

Works smashingly.