News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translator is on board, anyone wants to hack the Rushing Beat series?  (Read 3724 times)

reyvgm

• View Profile
A very great and capable translator is willing to translate the first two Rushing Beat games (released in the west as Rival Turf and Brawl Brothers) if anyone is willing to hack the games. He said both are pretty easy to translate, so I was hoping someone here would start this project.

The USA games removed the intros and butchered the ending, removing scenes, characters and the credits. The very little story left was completely changed because the Jaleco USA staff was never even given the original scripts, so they made up the story.

If all goes well, he'll translate Rushing Beat 3 too.

The first Rushing Beat only has Japanese in the intro, ending and part of the credits. The second Rushing Beat has one liners after beating each boss, then a paragraph in the ending and the credits.

I assume it would be an easy gig if the hacker knows what he's doing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:06:36 am by reyvgm »

syntax error

• View Profile
Am I rhe only one thinking this sounds like a request? :police:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I'm thinking this is different since it is offering to contribute part of the translation effort.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

reyvgm

• View Profile
No I'm not requesting.

Someone who has helped with translations before has offered to translate the first two games since the USA version removed and changed most of the story scenes and the Japanese versions are short and easy to do. And since I can't hack, then the least I can do is post his offer here in hopes that someone with SNES hacking knowledge takes the project.

I can't make a "wanted ad" because again, I'm not going to be involved.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
The best advice I can give is for the translator to post a help wanted ad and go from there. He/she only has to register to be able to do that and that takes all of maybe 5 minutes. Besides, they'd need an email address at the very least so the hacker can communicate with them.

Those games are a fun time sink that I had considered working on at one time, but now I have too many other projects I'm neglecting. Good luck to you.  :thumbsup:
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P