News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Saiyans Complete Translation Released  (Read 30656 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: siryoink

Over eleven years after this translation was started, Dragon Ball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyans for the SNES has finally been completed!  This one has been a long time in the making; hope everyone enjoys playing it!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://klepto.r8.org)

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
This is fucking awesome AND it's one less projects on my to-do list. Nice work. I can't wait to try this out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

FaustWolf

• View Profile
I like the vowels on that font!
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

Rhys

• View Profile
    • CN
awesome! that's two of the best DBZ games on the SNES translated now :D

MannyPooh

• View Profile
Id like to thank the people who made this translation possible, i know my brother will leap with joy with this full translation :)

Validus

• View Profile
awesome!!

Now all we need is Gokuden!

Gokuden 2 I dont care that much for... Gokuden 1 is the best game ever

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
This is fucking awesome AND it's one less projects on my to-do list. Nice work. I can't wait to try this out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This post confused me! Y'see, for some reason, I thought it you who had released this translation. :P
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations

This post confused me! Y'see, for some reason, I thought it you who had released this translation. :P

I wish. :P
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

Validus

• View Profile
this must be an addendum

this game has been in the 90s% for about a decade

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
From what I heard, those "90%" patches from like a decade ago were based on a partially-BSed French translation. This one was a redone-from-scratch Japanese-to-English translation.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Validus

• View Profile
awesome indeed

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
From what I heard, those "90%" patches from like a decade ago were based on a partially-BSed French translation. This one was a redone-from-scratch Japanese-to-English translation.
From what I understood from the readme, it says that the only Japanese translations that were done were "spot translations". The guy doing all of the French to English translations was still credited.

Does that mean this is still highly based on the French translation?

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

siryoink

• View Profile
    • Klepto Software
From what I understood from the readme, it says that the only Japanese translations that were done were "spot translations". The guy doing all of the French to English translations was still credited.

Does that mean this is still highly based on the French translation?

~DS

Well... since I did the French->English, and all the hacking, hopefully I still got into the credits somewhere.   :P

The only known bit of "BS" intentionally left in is the names of some of the trash enemies.  They were generic to begin with, and over the years, the internet/wiki community seems to have spread them to the point it would almost be futile to change them.

About half is still based on the completed french translation.  The problem with the french->english translation was, it wasn't finished until 2003!  Yet several parties put out patches, claimed them to be complete, and then decided to "blame the French" when they weren't.  One of the patches up on this site is from a group that wholesale ripped off everything I did on this game, then after a few nasty conversations, decided to start over and rip off Vincent's work instead.  I would even say my own previous patch - supposedly 90+% was overestimated, in all caps and full of bad engrish edited to fit in alloted space.  I would say no one working on it back then really knew what they were doing, but at least I never tried to pass it off as finished.  I never was happy with it, but quit work on it at the time due to a lot of negative feedback from the "online dragonball z community" who said I should "leave it to that group doing all the dbz games".  What happened to the "reflections" pages?  I could rant for a few paragraphs on the garbage those guys put out.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:43:49 pm by siryoink »

Validus

• View Profile
awesome^ thanks man

Miksy91

• View Profile
Nice job !
This game sure brings back memories, remember making a hard hack of this game a year ago or so :DD
Pokemon Dark Energy is a rom hack based on Pokemon Silver. Like most pokemon hacks, it retains the pokemon stylish gameplay but has plenty of elements from other RPGs as well. You'd better check it out!