News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Run-time error 380 Invalid property Value on SMILE  (Read 4546 times)

DQ Chao284

• View Profile
Run-time error 380 Invalid property Value on SMILE
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:20:18 am »
And there is no work around on this, I need to know what file is required to run SMILE, because if the Run-time error 380 Invalid property Value  keeps comming up, then some addional files are needed to load the addional DLLs or it runs into this error as in this Microsoft Article,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/177088

And if I get no answer, well then you guys know it would be my OS has incompatable file versions running on it that could case the error because of outdated code.

The version before the overhaul I have that is able to run is version 1.32.00 since it does not replacate the error.

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
Re: Run-time error 380 Invalid property Value on SMILE
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:04:16 am »
I have the latest version and it runs fine on my PC. You may be using outdated DLLs.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »
That article is not related to the problem you are having. The problem the article discusses just happens to involve the same error code (SMILE was written in VB6, the article applies to VB4).

The Metroid Construction forum (or IRC channel) would probably be a better place to get help with SMILE since everybody there uses it.

You're also going to get better help if you explain the problem better. Is the error occurring as soon as you try to open the program? What version of the program are you using now? And what version of Windows?

DQ Chao284

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:17:29 pm »
That article is not related to the problem you are having. The problem the article discusses just happens to involve the same error code (SMILE was written in VB6, the article applies to VB4).

The Metroid Construction forum (or IRC channel) would probably be a better place to get help with SMILE since everybody there uses it.

You're also going to get better help if you explain the problem better. Is the error occurring as soon as you try to open the program? What version of the program are you using now? And what version of Windows?
It is when I load the rom in order for the entire program to activate is when the error is triggered, and it is not a rom problem from what I have taken note, since when I ran it under WinDBG, after it loaded the LZ32.dll file the error happened,

After it requested to terminate it, it loaded only 2 of the VBA6 dll files(after unloading them) after it was forced to unload to terminate, telling me something in Visual Basic was not able to regonize the code correctory or could not load the other related VB dll files, such as an example sometimes the .NET framework may require some VB6 DLL files to not be activated due to a system conflict, and I am running on Windows 2000 SP4.