News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: AGTP Translation Megathread  (Read 20906 times)

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
Re: Lady Stalker [AGTP Translation Megathread]
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2019, 10:49:59 am »
This thread hasn't been updated for over 7 years...

I've seen worse thread necromancy  :laugh:
In PSP we trust.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2019, 11:24:05 am »
This thread hasn't been updated for over 7 years... although there was a site update around a year ago that said it hadn't been forgotten about. I wouldn't hold your breath, though. :)
Yes, Gideon has been most of his limited ROM hacking time this year on warring super robots.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2019, 01:11:58 pm »
The latest update on the website (if anyone would actually care to look, cough cough) is about three months old and outlines this year's priorities:

Lastly, an update on priorities for the year. Super Robot Wars 3´s script edit is well on track for completion before the end of spring, and SRW4´s script retranslation is roughly 37% complete by string volume. I´ve replaced the screenshot slideshow on the SRW4 page with new images reflecting current work. Following these two, my priorities for the year in approximate order of importance are Star Ocean Blue Sphere, Metal Max 2, Hero Chronicle, and Ladystalker.

Said update also includes some project pruning. Ladystalker was not one of the pruned projects:

Second, I´m announcing that the projects for 3x3 Eyes, Fire Emblem, Goemon 2, Sutte Hakkun, and Romancing SaGa 2 are being cancelled. Of these, Romancing SaGa 2 is officially available commercially in English, Goemon 2 has a very promising project in the works by somebody else, Sutte Hakkun and 3x3 Eyes were finished by other groups, and Fire Emblem both has other English options available and suffered a similar fate as the SNES Super Robot War games with questionable script translation decisions. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to these, but please be assured that there are other options available for all of them.

Blue Sphere updates have been trickling out onto Twitter, and I still need to put together that SRW3 news (things have been super busy this last week.) So no, it's not just SRW, and no, Ladystalker isn't dead. And no, thread necromancy for something that was mentioned just a couple of months ago on the project's website is not something that should have happened. unamused accusing stare

That said this is a thread that exists and I should probably repurpose it for activity as it happens, so it's not a total loss.

Edit cuz doublepost automerge otherwise:

Super Robot Wars 3 has been in private beta for the last couple of weeks. Posted some news about it here. Have a few images in the meantime. These and more can be seen on the game's project page on the AGTP website.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 03:47:54 pm by Gideon Zhi »

Mattiac

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 06:16:18 am »
I did check the website first and that's why I wanted to thank you, Gideon Zhi-san. :angel: :cookie:

The latest update on the website (if anyone would actually care to look, cough cough) is about three months old and outlines this year's priorities:

Said update also includes some project pruning. Ladystalker was not one of the pruned projects:

Blue Sphere updates have been trickling out onto Twitter, and I still need to put together that SRW3 news (things have been super busy this last week.) So no, it's not just SRW, and no, Ladystalker isn't dead. And no, thread necromancy for something that was mentioned just a couple of months ago on the project's website is not something that should have happened. unamused accusing stare

That said this is a thread that exists and I should probably repurpose it for activity as it happens, so it's not a total loss.

Edit cuz doublepost automerge otherwise:

Super Robot Wars 3 has been in private beta for the last couple of weeks. Posted some news about it here. Have a few images in the meantime. These and more can be seen on the game's project page on the AGTP website.

darthvaderx

• View Profile
Re: AGTP Translation Megathread
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 01:30:26 pm »
Gideon Zhi...

Please do not give up Romancing Sa.Ga 2, there may currently be an official version for sale, but it is not the SNES version, just missing this game to complete the console trilogy.
(Think about it fondly in the future, okay? :thumbsup:)

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2019, 03:35:02 pm »
It's commercially available. You can't really ask for more.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2019, 04:09:51 pm »
It's commercially available. You can't really ask for more.

This. There are other things that my limited time can be spent upon that _aren't_ already available in English in some fashion or other.

vivify93

• Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »
Since this is now just a general megathread, I just wanted to say thank you so much, Gideon, for all the hard work you've put into your fan translations over the years. You've given me a lot of free entertainment, and that's mindblowingly incredible.  :thumbsup:
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2019, 11:55:45 pm »
I think the projects I am most looking forward to, in order, are: Rejoice, Granhistoria, Ladystalker, GD Leen, Madara 2 and a little bit Solid runner in that order.  I think the list of snes games to be translated has really shrunk a great deal.  Dynamic designs also has Aretha 2, Oni 2 and Super shell monsters 2 ... and power of the hired looks kind of cool. 

I do wonder what is going on with Elfaria 1 and 2, Light Fantasy 2 and especially Traverse Light and Prairie and if other translators have picked those up. Or if Nightcrawler will continue.  but I feel like we are reaching the end for snes non translated games that look at least decent.  We are at maybe a little over a dozen IMO.

As for the lack of updates, he just made one yesterday, about SRW3.  I beat SRW3 when it first came out as an English translation.  Hard HARD game.  I tried to play it recently on an snes mini and the sound, sadly, was all messed up.  I really like that chilled out song for the fights in space.  Not sure why the game did not work well on the snes mini.  Any way, no real point to that story I guess other than seeing that update reminded me of my playthrough.

(one of the best songs on the snes and for sure one of the most chill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=say5UJX__bs )
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:03:11 am by travel27 »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2019, 03:48:25 am »
Currently, I'm mostly looking forward to playing Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, Rejoice! and Super Robots Wars 4.

AGTP has always released fine quality translations. Thanks for all your hard work Gideon Zhi! I hope you'll be able to continue working on translating games such as these for many more years to come (time permitting of course). :thumbsup:
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Dzumeister

• Zaubermancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 09:19:40 pm »
Currently, I'm mostly looking forward to playing Star Ocean: Blue Sphere, Rejoice! and Super Robots Wars 4.

AGTP has always released fine quality translations. Thanks for all your hard work Gideon Zhi! I hope you'll be able to continue working on translating games such as these for many more years to come (time permitting of course). :thumbsup:

Star Ocean Blue Sphere has had me hyped for years. I'm also hoping a Magical Drop II patch will be made available at some point, though with the commercial release, it's kind of muddy.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work your team does! Been using your patches since I found your Cave Story one, and I have to say, there are few translation efforts with the quantity and quality of you and your team!
free sluffy

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2019, 12:17:20 pm »

Super Robot Wars 3 updated patch is out. DIscussion here:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28740.0

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2019, 02:19:26 pm »
Thanks for your brilliant effort, bro!  :thumbsup:

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2019, 11:26:05 pm »
Gid's still god...

When 4 or F/FF gets translated, we will have the complete classic series!

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 05:32:29 am »
I think the same about romancing saga 2. The original it's different from the remake. Square enix isn't the old Squaresoft.
Square enix want use games ported or remakes to make easy money.
Many developers went out after the FF movie crash.
It's my opinion.

If I was the translator-romhacker I will think about share tools to any team instead lose & erase all. After many hours working with the project.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 05:35:26 am »
I think the same about romancing saga 2. The original it's different from the remake. Square enix isn't the old Squaresoft.
Square enix want use games ported or remakes to make easy money.
Many developers went out after the FF movie crash.
It's my opinion.
And my opinion too. Something went wrong short after the millennium turnout, and it shows. Oh and I didn't even watch the said movie unfortunately.

Also, most (if not all) remakes are not even coded by SquareEnix but by TOSE, and they just do what they're being told to, but their games have no soul whatsoever.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:42:20 am by Bregalad »

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2019, 04:59:16 pm »
I dropped an SRW4 update on the AGTP website this afternoon. Short version: speedy progress early in the year, slowed down as life caught up but still in the works. Name entry almost completely hacked, expanded from 6 characters to 10 for character names and from 8 (I think?) to 12 for robot names.