News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: The Screamer stuff  (Read 10709 times)

ramkhamhaeng

• View Profile
Re: The Screamer stuff
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 02:50:39 am »
I can't help out much with the context, most of these seem to be part of the conversations between the player and the other Screamers. I haven't seen very much of this text in-game so I don't know what actions will show which pieces of text or which character the text belongs to. I plan on inserting the rough translations for the time being and then testing the conversations extensively, and note which instances of text don't make any sense.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 09:50:08 am »
There is an ID, but it’s on 4F (the ID has nothing to do with floors). So I’m guessing the first line either means “[someone] threw [something] away at a door on 5F” or “on the way to 5F” (which, looking at a map, is sufficiently non-helpful as a clue that it doesn’t matter if you interpret it wrong). It could also mean “someone on 5F threw [something] away”, which is very unhelpful.

The context for the more cryptic lines is that some of them tell you passwords, and others are apparently just graffiti.

だんこりろ は ちまりそ
Conclusion is it's bloody(My translator guessed on this one, and says it sounded unnatural)
.brev on ecnetnes ym ,oslA .noitcerid gnorw ecnetnes sihT :X

たたみデ しにたい
I want to die on a tatami mat
To “die on top of a tatami mat” (畳の上で死ぬ) is a phrase meaning that one dies a “proper”, dignified way. That is to say, not by accident or violence. Preferably, it’s of natural causes in one’s own home (and if you’re really lucky, in your sleep).

Of course, there is a sick joke here, too: the word “tatami” comes from the verb “tatamu”, meaning to “fold up”, among other things. And one of those other things is “kill”.

かえりだよーーーー
It's time to come back...
“This is the way back~”

Probably a blatant lie considering this game, but I’m not checking.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

ramkhamhaeng

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 12:57:07 pm »
Hmm, Junkie is the name of one of the monsters, I still don't think that sentence makes any sense, though.

How should I deal with the backwards text, then?

Eien Ni Hen

• You entitled girlfriend!
    • View Profile
    • Desert Bus Translations
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 03:23:58 pm »
だんこりろ は ちまりそ

I believe this one says "Sorimachi is a Lolicon." (or ".nociloL a si ihcamiroS")

For the actual password hints, I would write them in backwards English. For the graffiti, writing them in goofy English would probably be best. Like "SOrImaCHi iS A LOLIcoN."
Soon the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans... and pants to match. The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.

ramkhamhaeng

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:22 am »
Well, it's been a while since I've worked on this, but I'm getting back to work on it. I hate leaving a promising project like this dangling, and this should help me practice Japanese over the summer. Just one piece of text right now, it's one of the messages from the owner of the weapons store:

...なんか いりようかい? まあ、じっくりえらんでいってくれ。

The use of なんか is what has me confused here.

I currently have this translated as "Whadaya need? Well, make your choice carefully." It doesn't seem quite right, though.

Paul Jensen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 11:22:47 am »

...なんか いりようかい? まあ、じっくりえらんでいってくれ。

This might be best phrased as, "Need anythin'? Well, take a good look and pick (whatever you want)."

HTH
Sign THIS!