News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Another word please...  (Read 1810 times)

trumisery

• View Profile
Another word please...
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:49:03 pm »
つぼつさ
Pretty sure this is tsubotsusa... looking up the words, it appears that tsubo used in the medical reference is a pressure point (mapped points on the body that correspond to and influence certain organs)... I went with the medical reference because it does not match in the sense of being a measurement in my opinion... and tsusa is used for proper  names...

I am pretty sure that this a some kind of restorative spell...

But, lets say for example... this is actually a weapon and I mistyped one letter, the new word would be tsubatsusa (つばつさ) which, again, if I looked it up right would make tsuba like a blade or a sword... but the tsusa I don't understand what it could mean... can anyone give me a hand?

I say that I may have the word wrong by the one letter because the game I am working on uses 1byte sjis with a modifier and while making the table, I may have goofed it up after getting to this word... however, I am pretty sure that it is indeed the first choice of tsubotsusa. Although as stated above, the part of the game I am working on right now seems to be restorative skills/spells.

If I am wrong with any part of this, please help correct me as I am still learning Japanese and would rather be corrected rather than learn it wrong...

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Another word please...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:27 am »
If you can find it in-game and screencap it, it'd be helpful. Double-check your table file, too.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Paul Jensen

• View Profile
Re: Another word please...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:55:29 pm »
Try reading it backwards. That'll give you さつぼつ, which is probably 殺歿. The characters in this word mean 'kill' and 'death'. You said that it's likely a restorative spell, so my guess is that this spell reverses death, which is why it's backward
HTH
Sign THIS!