News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Harry Potter 3 translation released  (Read 3762 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Harry Potter 3 translation released
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:54:17 pm »

Update By: taizou

Harry Potter 3, an unlicensed (but fun, and full of stolen Parodius music) Game Boy Color shooter from Taiwan, has been translated into English from the original Chinese. The story is more or less an (extremely) abridged version of the first Harry Potter book, but now it's in English, so enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://fuji.drillspirits.net/harry/)

FaustWolf

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Harry Potter 3 translation released
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:31:56 am »
Haha, nice work guys! This is the first Taiwan-developed Game Boy title I've heard of; was that weird header switch technique typically used on other consoles as well?

Really enjoyed reading the Taiwan developers section on Neo Fuji. Have you ever considered picking that back up and expanding on it?
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

taizou

• View Profile
    • neo fuji
Re: Translations: Harry Potter 3 translation released
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »
Haha, nice work guys! This is the first Taiwan-developed Game Boy title I've heard of; was that weird header switch technique typically used on other consoles as well?
thanks! There's some good stuff out there on the Game Boy that practically no one has heard of - Vast Fame developed some pretty interesting looking RPGs that I'd love to translate but they'd need ASM hacks to change the 16x16 font to an 8x8, which is entirely beyond my ability at the moment.

as far as I know that header trick was only used on the GB anyway, thats the only console where it'd actually be useful.
Really enjoyed reading the Taiwan developers section on Neo Fuji. Have you ever considered picking that back up and expanding on it?

Yeah, definitely, I just keep getting sidetracked by other stuff. :D i've been contributing to this wiki in the meantime though, it covers a lot of the same companies.