News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Documents: Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide - Version 1.0 Released  (Read 3936 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Vegetaman

That's right folks -- the initial release of the Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide is upon us! This project that was initially started over one year ago is finally starting to gain some traction.

Current Features:

• The SRAM Division Into Save Slots
  • Checksum Algorithm and Value Storage (thanks to KingMike for his assistance on this one)
  • SRAM Locations for Character Data including Party Inventory and Learned Magic Spells
  • Listing of all 254 items in the game (including some "dummy" items) and their hex values
  • Listing of all 55 magic spells in the game (including previously unobtainable spells) and their hex values
  • Discussion on binary and hexadecimal numbers and how to convert them to decimal.

Any information that you have that I may have missed or gotten wrong, please speak up. Your contributions would be most welcome!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/docs/)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Documents: Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide - Version 1.0 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:16 pm »
This is easily the best news we've ever received on this site about a document! You are awesome and should be an inspiration to all SRAM editor creators and document authors! If everybody did projects like you, we'd triple the amount of ROM hacking knowledge for all! :thumbsup:
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Vegetaman

• Child of Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Documents: Lufia & The Fortress of Doom SRAM Guide - Version 1.0 Released
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »
This is easily the best news we've ever received on this site about a document! You are awesome and should be an inspiration to all SRAM editor creators and document authors! If everybody did projects like you, we'd triple the amount of ROM hacking knowledge for all! :thumbsup:

Thank you sir! I am just amazed at the trove of information and skillful people that congregate here, and I felt like I needed to start giving back. I hope to work towards more Lufia documentation in the future!  :thumbsup: :beer: :) :crazy:

EDIT: Also, to those of you that have e-mailed me recently -- thank you! I have already started on updates and changes to this document.  :cookie: