News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VI Once Again Released  (Read 4479 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VI Once Again Released
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:24:12 am »

Update By: Piggy Chan!

I've worked on this project, my very first, during most of last year. It started out with humble intentions, but I experimented and implemented more and more until, after several hiccups, four personal test runs, three other beta testers and countless hours of picking at things and ideas, it's done. Primarily a re-balancing of the original game, likely akin to Eviltype, but with many other subtle changes and touches, which I hope will prove somewhat unique without transforming the game's story or presentation. I know there is no shortage of Final Fantasy VI hacks, and this one won't break the mold, but I think fans of Final Fantasy will appreciate it.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://mailto:ukgusamonogatari@gmail.com)

Piggy Chan!

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VI Once Again Released
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:42:56 pm »
A warning to all of those who might play this patch: applying the Rippler Bugfix will cause glitches in the game. I've never experienced the Rippler spell's heinous effects on my own, but applied the fix to my copy earlier today for its own sake, only to discover the game freezing when I attempted to cast Death or use the Bum's Rush attack, and I've confirmed that adding the patch somehow causes these spells to glitch. Also, for some reason, enemies are not encountered on the Solitary Island. I never touched this aspect of the game, and it seems easily fixed and does not exist in earlier versions of the project. Ironically, a friend pointed it out to me as a positive boon, since the island made getting the Paladin Shld very easy. This problem will be fixed in a later version.

I would appreciate any other major oddities brought to my attention, so I can make note of them.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:53:29 pm by Piggy Chan! »