News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 4125 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: December 25, 2010, 10:54:49 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/)

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 05:20:18 am »
I gotta ask. Is that hideous BSOD supposed to be the actual Japanese title screen?
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 06:25:05 am »
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 10:29:55 am »
Well, at least you see it. FF1 and FF3's title screens are only seen partway through game play and I think that just looks crappy (maybe because we're used to seeing a title screen every time we play a game).

(as a result, the NA version of FF1 has the copyright text pasted on the continue screen. Guess they couldn't at least put a window around that, either. :P )
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »
Well. Seeing it in action, it's not so terrible - kinda charming, like a really freakin' old DOS game. But it's no substitute for a real Final Fantasy logo.

Kinda funny how Neo Demiforce used the later Final Fantasy style, instead of actually making it look like the real Final Fantasy II logo - but I guess they'd have needed quite a color palette to pull it off. ^_^;
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 08:51:17 pm »
Well, at least you see it. FF1 and FF3's title screens are only seen partway through game play and I think that just looks crappy (maybe because we're used to seeing a title screen every time we play a game).
Yeah, they weren’t well done, but you could tell they meant to go for that. There are some games that pull it off well (hint: I’ve been on a Mass Effect binge lately), but they still have the more orthodox title screens too.

Well. Seeing it in action, it's not so terrible - kinda charming, like a really freakin' old DOS game. But it's no substitute for a real Final Fantasy logo.
Programmed by Nasir... so more like an Apple II thing.

Kinda funny how Neo Demiforce used the later Final Fantasy style, instead of actually making it look like the real Final Fantasy II logo - but I guess they'd have needed quite a color palette to pull it off. ^_^;
Square (and SE I guess) is highly indebted to whoever designed the FF4 logo. They managed to find someone who used good typography at a time when people were doing some very scary experiments with things that you should thank your lucky stars graphic designers have now learned how to use properly. Also, amusing coincidence.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger