News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Snowboard Champion & Digimon  (Read 2916 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Snowboard Champion & Digimon
« on: May 20, 2006, 09:34:20 am »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: xdaniel

While not exactly two of the "most wanted games" or something similar and while I'm actually German, I've released English translation patches for Snowboard Champion for the GBC and Digimon Adventure 02 - D-1 Tamers for the WonderSwan Color.

Snowboard Champion is a little sports game where you compete is several Snowboarding contests. The translation itself is, let's say, 50% complete: All the menus are translated, while there is next-to-nothing done on the occasional chatter dialogue between your character and the opponent said text just comes out as gibberish. If I ever complete this translation, a German patch will be done as well.

Digimon Adventure 02 - D-1 Tamers is yet another entry in the list of Digimon-based RPGs on the WonderSwan. On the status of the translation, I quote myself from my website: "Really incomplete and I have to admit that I don't think I will ever finish this one. You should be able to play through the game without Japanese knownledge but you wont get the story, most dialogue text and other information. On the other hand, menus, items, attacks, several shops and similar stuff is translated." This pretty much summarizes what you get when applying the patch...

Last but not least, also in the making is a German translation of Megaman Zero for the GBA. As Capcom never bothered to translate the Zero games into German - or, to my knownledge, many games at all for that matter -, I tried my hand on the first one in the series. The completed result should be released in the next few weeks, after going through its (final) testing phase.

Relevant Link: (http://www.magicstone.de/dzd/)