News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VI Advance - Sound Restoration  (Read 49848 times)

seancdaug

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Final Fantasy VI Advance - Sound Restoration
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:39 am »
This is great!  Unfortunately I just restarted this game for the first time in about 5 years on the US rom.  Anyone have a save right around the time you get access to the airship?  For the European version...?
The save files should be compatible between versions. I know this was the case with the other GBA remakes. The only thing that won't properly carry over are quicksaves, but the standard saves should be fine.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:43 pm »
As far as I have experienced, the saves are compatible in FF5 and FF6, but not in FF4, where glitch happens (they are compatible, but freeze when you enter in the menu or into battle, or even sometimes in other situations so not very useful - just good enough to enable the music player from a save I downloaded :) )

If really many people request that I do FF4 I might do it one day , but only if plenty of people really would like it being done (I don't want to do work that just goes to waste..., especially since they already released FF4DS, that more people are likely to pick up)

realworksuks

• https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 07:26:49 pm »
This is great!  Unfortunately I just restarted this game for the first time in about 5 years on the US rom.  Anyone have a save right around the time you get access to the airship?  For the European version...?
The save files should be compatible between versions. I know this was the case with the other GBA remakes. The only thing that won't properly carry over are quicksaves, but the standard saves should be fine.

Thanks for letting me know!  I didn't even think to try.
Check out my gaming Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/realworksuks

Deathlike2

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 02:01:43 am »
Considering the bugs they had fixed for FF4A Jap rev 1.1 or the Euro version, that shouldn't really be too shocking.
FF4 Research Continues
Working on the next Yet To Be Named FF4 "Hardtype" Hack

curses

• "So long."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 03:57:00 pm »
I hope the thread necromancy doesn't offend anybody. I wanted to say that I think it was a stroke of genius to add reverb to "The Magic House". Great job!

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 06:01:47 pm »
Haha, in fact it's not me who did that - I just found a file with the echo added in a MIDI file on VGMusic.org
The same applies for Cyan's theme.
I thought it sounded cool and because they were free channels I kept it. Without the echo both of those songs would sound too much "empty". Other than that, I usually made the music as close as possible as the original, and this required quite some editing of existing MIDI files.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:07:33 pm by Bregalad »