News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)  (Read 383791 times)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero (Version 3.0 WIP)
« Reply #500 on: July 08, 2012, 03:56:59 pm »
Just popping in an update.

I've basically added everything from the Zero Project except for the Dialogue and Animations.  Those will be added soon enough.  But there's more features added into it than there was before, not too mention that the trillion bugs that were there before don't even exist in any way now.  Everything seems to be flowing just sound.

Also, the better news, this project is working flawlessly on BSNES from what I can test so far.  There hasn't been any issues at all and it's perfect thus far.  I'm hoping it'll hold out well still when I move the dialogue into banks 21-24.  If so, then this shall be a great start to everything else.

July 13, 2012, 01:40:49 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Whether this merges or not, here's the current updates on everything thus far.

1. All dialogue has been bumped to banks 40-43 respectively.  X is Bank 40-41 and Zero is Bank 42-43. (They barely even use a quarter of their first banks, but the extra space will be needed later on).  AND!  Everything is working perfectly fine in BSNES thus far, even the dialogue.

2. Fixed palette issues

3. Zero's Sub-Weapons are altered in usage a little.  He does not gain the ability to only use half their original amount, instead, everything is doubled.  It now takes 2 slots of HP off a sub-weapon instead of 1.

4. Hyper Chip is disabled for Zero.

5. X's Vertical Air Dash is quicker.

6. Double Jump added for Zero (Triple Jump as well as I don't have a proper limitation to only let one jump in the air).

7. Dialogues are split with X and Zero in TXT files for Atlas.  One file, mmx3_X is X's and the other is mmx3_Z.  Two shortcuts have been made to properly import them separately and quickly.

8. All damage has been properly modified to be from the Final release, though I'm thinking of altering it just a slight bit more to nerf the Z-Sabre a tiny bit more.

9. Animation Data and Sprite Assembly for X and Zero have properly been moved out into bank 40.  They now both load one routine that is separate from the actual games routine.  Thus, allowing them to have their own share of space to be used for whatever is needed.  This was HIGHLY essential for much later on.  Even now, this will help me import a horde of new sprites more thoroughly without any conflicting issues going on.

10. Capsule errors have been fixed permanently.  No longer is there a convoluted code routine with a trillion checks for Zero, now, all capsules have the lightning wrap around the character 2-4 times and then the armor piece appears.  No more white flashing of the equipment.  This fixes all capsule bugs that have ever been encountered including the ones where X's pieces would not be equipped when Zero had gotten the Capsules.

11. Forcefield generation from armor is removed.  (Ugly as sin feature and completely useless to be honest... It supposedly 'cuts your damage even more' if you have the Armor Chip or Golden Armor.  In actuality, it doesn't do a damn thing.)

12. Z-Sabre warning in Doppler's level is now fully functional and not buggy from what I can see.

13. Weapon data has been altered so it only loads 12 weapons instead of 14 (14 being a buggy unused weapon that does absolutely nothing.  What was the point of this?)

Etc..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:37:54 pm by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »
Just another update.

I've been working on the innards of this massively and things are going extremely well that I'm honestly surprised.

1. Zero's dialogue and X's dialogue are complete with fixes and what not.

2. X and Zero's VRAM Graphic pointers are NOW outside of normal banks (Still works with BSNES).  I also made sure that they now have room for at least 100+ new sprites if wanted!  The fun part, the NPC X and Zero and PC X and Zero now share a very similar routine separate from enemies and anyone else.  So now, you modify anything on X or Zero, it modifies it correctly on the NPC as well.

3. I'm porting X and Zero's animation data over into a new bank as well.  The original method I had was a flop and.. just failed.  It's going extremely well right now.  It's ridiculously annoying though as X and Zero's animation data pointers are separate but they are intertwined with each other.  So essentially, I'm going to have duplicates of the same data for both of them when I split it up. (Not a big deal, I have plenty of room and I can essentially remove the useless data as I find it out).

4. I updated the Animation Data routine a bit.  The game originally had 3-bytes being loaded so it'd dictate where and in what bank it'd load data from.  Annoyingly, the 3rd byte, being the 'bank' byte, was essentially useless.  The game had a hard-coded bank of 3F for Animation Data yet had 3 bytes to dictate everything.  (What the hell was the point of that?)  So what did I do?  I hijacked the routine, altered the hard-coded bank so now AD can be loaded from ANYWHERE in the game.  The bank is purely dynamic now and works flawlessly.

5. I added a new table for Animation Data to dictate which animation data to use, which I had planned before.  Works very nicely.  I've opened up room for at least 30+ new enemies and what not.  I have to do the same thing for Sprite Assembly later on though.

6. Menu data is back with more room.  I'm working on re-adding the 'Heart Tank' count I added in the remastered.  I'll add that back in once I have the other essential data ready.

7. Added in the routine for Ride Chips so now there can easily be more than 4 added into the menu.

8. Modified X's Ride Armor sprites slightly.  Some of the details were very wrong compared to his actual armor.

9. Not implemented yet, but Zero's new sprites that were in before have been modified to be much better looking and fit in with the style more.

And that's it so far!  I'm slowly but steadily working on this and it's going quite wonderfully.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 28, 2012, 08:17:32 pm »
Keep up the great work, I love following this project!

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 30, 2012, 02:04:32 pm »
Holy cow.  That is major update you got there.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 30, 2012, 04:07:22 pm »
I'm working my best on everything to sit can be easily altered and dynamic for the future.  Right now, most of the data was organized to work nicely but then I realized that I may have to shuffle large amounts again to fit for what I want to do and what others may want to do.  So right now, that means the palette area will have to be shoved around a little bit and I have to revert some code so that people can modify how much life you can start with.  (I have had many people ask for options like this, so I figured, why not just have everything listed in an Excel so they can freely do it themselves?)

I'm really excited for this update and all though.  Everything feels a lot better and not so buggy.  Not too mention I'm more experienced now and I understand more of the coding.  I've got a number of plans to add extra features just for this project so it's not just a rewrite, but rather a bug fix/update type of deal.

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 01, 2012, 10:30:27 am »
Yeah, I am surprise that you got alot of update than before.
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 12, 2012, 06:25:51 pm »
Welp quick update.

Animation Data, VRAM Data, Sprite Assembly has ALL been moved out into bank 51 for X and Zero.  There's even a new table to dictate which portion of the bank to use for their data.

I've also split the Animation Data table now so everything is specified before hand.  With that, I have opened up a HORDE of new Animation Data slots to be used in the normal table bounds.

VRAM graphics have a HUGE amount of empty chunks now that X and Zero are moved which easily could constitute for 2-3 more playable characters if one was ever bored enough to add them.

I'm working on Event Editing a bit more at the moment.. All of the events are already done but I'm planning to add in a few extra features into the project.  I've already announced that X will have a new armor still using the Hyper Max graphics, but altered palette.  Of course, only accessible by having certain means.  There is also going to be a secret non-canon ending that can only be accessed by defeating a certain boss.  I'm also hoping to add in more data to allow for a life-reducton pseudo hard mode and such as well.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 12, 2012, 07:11:48 pm »
Damn, at the rate you're going you could get to the point where MMX3 is almost as hackable as SMW. Great work, keep it up!

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 12, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »
Great job ! :D

when you upload Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero ?

Best regards

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2012, 07:31:58 am »
It won't be uploaded for awhile.  I'm having troubles tracking down some event data that's leaving me unable to progress for the moment.

Also, my work hours are starting to go crazy again which removes my time a bit more.

@Vanya: Oh dear god how I wish it was that easy.

Edit: Found the event pieces I needed.  Just have to copy/paste it and create a new variation and expand it.  Then comes the hardest part of everything after.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:14:48 am by justin3009 »

shadow501

• Pro Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2012, 08:39:27 am »
Good luck  :thumbsup:
I'm enthusiastic to play Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero  ::)

Best regards

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:07 am »
@Vanya: Oh dear god how I wish it was that easy.

LOL Don't we all? Cheers, dude!

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2012, 03:07:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEv9ymgoYT0 - Semi bringing a 'necro' topic back to life.  But this was done months ago before I went on hiatus to work on X2 and DBZ.

But I'm planning to return to this project sometime hopefully soon.

So with that, here's a little preview of the 'non-canon' ending.  There's more to it than that and it's going to be re-written a bit since a huge discussion on it happened on the X9 Forums and on Skype.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »
I'm looking forward to it  :-)

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 28, 2012, 02:31:37 am »
As long as you put a patch with original ending and non canon

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 28, 2012, 09:41:55 am »
The game will have each ending. It just plays out differently if you destroy a certain boss at the correct timeand have beaten the game once. Either way you can still get the original endings depending on what you do.

lucasdj

« Reply #516 on: March 31, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »
Dude really liked your project, if I intendesse something about these issues I would help ... I hope when he comes any version that zero can double jump and an improvement when it hit the capsule of the z-buster. :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:27:00 am by lucasdj »

mmx01

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 16, 2013, 03:55:35 pm »
so how can i change the startup frames of zeros fully charged buster?
would like to have it like zero is sliding down a wall without delaying time.
it sucks really hard that his fully charged buster shot 1 and 2 is so much delayed on startup, that makes me wanna play x all the time without the x-buster arm part!
maybe someone could help me, i'm a newbie @ rom hacking

EDIT:
OMFG PLEASE update this hack to actual mmx8 game with x buster on Y and boss weapons on x, so we can make on y the x buster charge and at the same time triad thunder shoot.
so works x-buster as well...charge x buster with y and shoot normal shots with x!
that would be too awesome bro...make this update
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 10:38:47 pm by mmx01 »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 16, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »
I haven't touched this since.. months ago.  I'm heavily working on Tales of Phantasia at the moment and I refuse to stop working on it UNTIL I at least get the menus ready and finalized.  I can't stop in the middle of all this VWF stuff because I'd completely lose track of my code if I left it for awhile.

But as for plans on this, yes, I do plan to give Zero double jump.  I MAY try to implement the X/Y button idea.  I'm really unsure how to go about it at this point as the main button to attack has a horde of code for everything.  I'd have to somehow split that up or at least find the original location and make that Y button work.  There's just a lot to be done with it.

I'll probably have to re-do a huge portion of this anyway due to how much I've progressed on my coding.  Definitely need to re-do plenty of things so it's going to be a long while.  I still hope for this year on release, but there's too many ifs right now in game wise and in life to say what will happen.

Best I can say is just have a lot of patience if you're able to as I do want to get this done.

mmx01

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2013, 06:24:59 pm »
would be cool if you just fix these things..
1. giving zero a double jump
2. zeros full charged shots without delay (like lvl2 charged Z-buster)
3.let x-buster be on y button and other weapons on x button with the megaman x8 feature that you can fire special weapons and x buster/charged x-buster shots at the same time
(i would prefer setting x-buster on the L button, so you can charge it always and special weapon button on Y button, if no special weapon is equipped, then the Y button fires normal x-buster shots)

this 3 little changes would make the game more awesom as it is right now!
You did a reallly good job, but ist really more difficult to play with the actual zero than to play with x...
Zero should be an upgraded X version.

i really would fix it on my own but like i says, i have no hacking skills