Just popping in an update.
I've basically added everything from the Zero Project except for the Dialogue and Animations. Those will be added soon enough. But there's more features added into it than there was before, not too mention that the trillion bugs that were there before don't even exist in any way now. Everything seems to be flowing just sound.
Also, the better news, this project is working flawlessly on BSNES from what I can test so far. There hasn't been any issues at all and it's perfect thus far. I'm hoping it'll hold out well still when I move the dialogue into banks 21-24. If so, then this shall be a great start to everything else.
July 13, 2012, 01:40:49 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Whether this merges or not, here's the current updates on everything thus far.
1. All dialogue has been bumped to banks 40-43 respectively. X is Bank 40-41 and Zero is Bank 42-43. (They barely even use a quarter of their first banks, but the extra space will be needed later on). AND! Everything is working perfectly fine in BSNES thus far, even the dialogue.
2. Fixed palette issues
3. Zero's Sub-Weapons are altered in usage a little. He does not gain the ability to only use half their original amount, instead, everything is doubled. It now takes 2 slots of HP off a sub-weapon instead of 1.
4. Hyper Chip is disabled for Zero.
5. X's Vertical Air Dash is quicker.
6. Double Jump added for Zero (Triple Jump as well as I don't have a proper limitation to only let one jump in the air).
7. Dialogues are split with X and Zero in TXT files for Atlas. One file, mmx3_X is X's and the other is mmx3_Z. Two shortcuts have been made to properly import them separately and quickly.
8. All damage has been properly modified to be from the Final release, though I'm thinking of altering it just a slight bit more to nerf the Z-Sabre a tiny bit more.
9. Animation Data and Sprite Assembly for X and Zero have properly been moved out into bank 40. They now both load one routine that is separate from the actual games routine. Thus, allowing them to have their own share of space to be used for whatever is needed. This was HIGHLY essential for much later on. Even now, this will help me import a horde of new sprites more thoroughly without any conflicting issues going on.
10. Capsule errors have been fixed permanently. No longer is there a convoluted code routine with a trillion checks for Zero, now, all capsules have the lightning wrap around the character 2-4 times and then the armor piece appears. No more white flashing of the equipment. This fixes all capsule bugs that have ever been encountered including the ones where X's pieces would not be equipped when Zero had gotten the Capsules.
11. Forcefield generation from armor is removed. (Ugly as sin feature and completely useless to be honest... It supposedly 'cuts your damage even more' if you have the Armor Chip or Golden Armor. In actuality, it doesn't do a damn thing.)
12. Z-Sabre warning in Doppler's level is now fully functional and not buggy from what I can see.
13. Weapon data has been altered so it only loads 12 weapons instead of 14 (14 being a buggy unused weapon that does absolutely nothing. What was the point of this?)