News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)  (Read 251609 times)

KaosuReido

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)
« Reply #780 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:38 pm »
Just to drop in a possibility, you could, as said, make the chip capsules Zero capsules, but also let them give X chips if he gets to them. Then implement the same system in the blue capsules, where they give X armor, but if Zero gets to one he gets one of the Black Armor's effects. Essentially, one set for each character, but also not making either set useless to them.

zhaoyun99

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 11, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
I would suggest that please don't nelf Zero capsule ability gain because version 3.00 already nelfed him enough with extra sub weapon consumption. That nelf actually forcing him to be more planning out, respect some bosses or had to at least deal 50% of damage to like a bunch of bosses in order to have enough weapon energy to deal with bosses. Volt Catfish and Sigma 1 are the best example of this case. Not to mention Zero had a larger hitbox compare to X making him a big and a little bit slower target to begin with. You can make the chip capsule to be Zero's exclusive technique like 3 combos slash or projectile slash. His helmet to reduce energy consumption. That's just my suggestion.

justin3009

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 11, 2017, 02:54:42 pm »
It's not even a nerf since Zero will start off with everything he gained from the capsules in the first place except for the damage halving.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

zhaoyun99

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02:20 am »
It's not even a nerf since Zero will start off with everything he gained from the capsules in the first place except for the damage halving.

Then I just hoped that he gained the damage reduction later on because Zero tends to get hit easier than X since he got bigger hitbox and a little bit slower. This game damage from some bosses are really big like Neo Tiger or Crush Crawfish or the Nightmare Polices.

iamdissapointed

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 27, 2017, 10:17:03 pm »
He cannot. He can only use the United States version. The Japanese version is too different.

Why not just retranslate the new script back to Japanese and make a JAP branch for 4.0

Would be fun to see how different original Japanese script would be anyway

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:35 pm »
Sorry about the sudden halt in progress. Like I've posted before, it's mainly due to our 'peak' season at work. We also got note that if business keeps going as it is, peak will extend into January and possibly into even Spring of 2018. Great for them, but absolutely awful for the employees, like myself, as I may have 1-2 hours a day just to unwind which doesn't leave me any time to work on things.

Ah well, with that, I called in today after doing well over 110 hours in the past couple weeks so I'm exhausted, just needed one day off.

Mini Update:
1. Golden Armor Capsule has been updated to properly check for the right specifics.

2. Dialogue has been updated for the Chip Capsules so now Dr. Light explicitly states right off the bat that they are 'Chip Enhancement Capsules'.

3. Dialogue has been completely redone for the Golden Armor capsule. Dr. Light, when it's X, states that X has grown stronger and that he believes X is capable of handling such an upgrade now. If it's Zero, Dr. Light states that although he's unable to properly create an armor for him, he can enhance his current abilities (Similar to X5). He then proceeds to thank Zero again for watching over X.

4. Fixed a few bugs that were introduced.

5. Chip Capsules can now be interchanged at any time by going to one of the other capsules. Dialogue has been updated for this as well to hint at 'collecting' the chips.

6. New way to obtain the Golden Armor capsule as well. If you decide to go the route of no heart tanks, e-tanks or whichever, then all you have to do is enter all the Chip Capsules at least once. Once that has been done, you'll have all 'four' chips in your possession. Once you go to the Golden Armor capsule, it'll be there.

The original method still works as well to get the 100%. Thought it'd be also a bit more nice to add in a different way to obtain it as well especially since the Golden Armor capsule is an amalgamation of all the chips in one essentially.

This also leaves the bit of if someone decides to cheat and change the 'Collected Armor Parts' bit to 'F0', it'll trick the game into thinking you've gotten all the chips. So technically you could legitimately obtain the Golden Armor in-game without any other things just by doing that little cheat.

That's about it!

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 14, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
Nice, what's left before a new release?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 14, 2017, 09:11:30 pm »
1. Putting Zero's graphics back in for his new animations, IE:

Victory
Ride Armor
POSSIBLY alternate damage animation

The other ones aren't needed anymore since he won't have charged sub-weapons.

2. Fix some palette bugs with his Z-Saber in certain circumstances.

3. Redo the entirety of the stage select stuff that displays what's in which level as that's just a mess right now.

4. Add in Save/Load Game stuff.

5. Figure out an image for Zero's 'Get Weapon' screen.

That's about it as far as I can remember. Most of it is actually all ready to go.

lastdual

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 15, 2017, 08:56:28 am »
Awesome news. The Zero Project already massively improves X3, and this will really put it over the top.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 30, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »
Update Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLSEyYNqLQI - Kind of a big update in a way in dialogue that's been sitting for awhile. Work is finally slowing down so I should have more time to work on things.

1. Biggest change on this update is much of the dialogue that was added has been heavily altered or rewritten. (Ignore the typo in that video, that's fixed now)

2. Fixed NUMEROUS bugs that I introduced and as far as I can tell, every single one of them has been fixed. There are a couple normal game oddities in the game that I 'may' fix but I may just leave them there as well since they're natural X3 things.

3. Finally have a Get Weapon portrait for Zero thanks to Metalwario64. I won't show that yet until I get it actually imported into game but it definitely works out well for what was wanted.

'Tis about it. I'm thinking about actually including the option of starting the game as Zero just so these events can be fully seen by people instead of just by 'cheating'. Either way, I'm content with the progress I've made today.

And spam: https://twitter.com/Justin3009 - But officially trying to get a start on Twitter now so I can post spammy updates on whatever projects at anytime without killing any forums or anything.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:24:42 pm by justin3009 »

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 30, 2017, 05:32:33 pm »
Excellent! I'll definitely watch that Twitter for updates. Very much looking forward to this hack, and I'm glad to have helped! :thumbsup:

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 31, 2017, 08:54:09 am »
I noticed on your YouTube channel you said you still need to import Zero's get weapon graphics in, ive done a few graphics hacks so I could do this for you if you want.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 31, 2017, 10:24:03 am »
Oh no, it's fine. It's not the issue of importing it really, it's just getting the tile assembly setup properly on the screen, which I should be able to do. I have a separate routine specifically to load decompressed graphics and use no tile compression scheme for events like this. It's just a matter of time and getting it in really.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 07, 2018, 11:00:49 am »
Mini Update:

1. Zero's 'Got Weapon' portrait is now in-game! Thanks to Metalwario64 for creating it for this project! Absolutely spectacular!

2. Fixed a ridiculous amount of bugs that I forgot about when defeating a boss and stage select. It didn't account for the bosses portraits graying out or ANYTHING with the new data so that had to be fixed. Then a large amount of bugs for actually setting the boss defeated had to be fixed as well. Just a whole lot of backwards stuff happened causing problems but it's all fixed now from what I see.

3. Bit and Byte are now randomized for encounters. The original method they had was a bit interesting and was based on how many bosses you've defeated.

00/01 - Do not spawn Bit/Byte
02 - Spawn Bit (Incredibly rare)
03 - Spawn Bit (Rare)
04 - Spawn Bit (Constant)
05 - Spawn Byte (Incredibly rare)
06 - Spawn Byte (Rare)
07 - Spawn Byte (Constant)
08 - All bosses defeated, do not spawn Bit/Byte anymore

Byte will not spawn UNLESS you've beaten 5+ bosses. Even if Bit is immediately destroyed, Byte will not spawn.

This has now been altered so Bit/Byte will spawn randomly after you've beaten 2 bosses, like normal, but their encounters are not based on how many bosses you've defeated. There's a 50/50 chance of getting either Bit or Byte to spawn. The only problem with this right now is that they will spawn regardless if you've beaten a level or not (Which is kind of intended), but they will 'always' spawn at this point. There is no way for them 'NOT' to spawn. I may just disable them from spawning on a level you've defeated then just to avoid the non-stop barrage of them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:01:09 pm by justin3009 »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 07, 2018, 12:21:25 pm »
Get weapon screen looks incredible !!

So what is the ultimate goal for Bit and Byte? I understand you want it to be random as to which one you get, but I assume (hope) there is also the possibility of getting neither, and a minimum number of bosses beaten before they can appear would be nice (They're quite strong without their weakness.) appearing in a world that I've already beaten doesn't bother me at all however.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 07, 2018, 01:37:13 pm »
Bit/Byte will only appear after two bosses have been defeated, just like the original X3.

I'm attempting to modify the code so that if you defeat Bit or Byte and the RNG decides to spawn one or the other, then it'd force spawn the one that hasn't been defeated.

Right now, they will spawn constantly as soon as the Doppler scene triggers where he spouts at them to go after X/Zero. But once they've been fought once, they will not spawn again. This is kind of a problem as they are 'forced' to spawn at this point no matter the circumstance which can be an issue and removes any kind of 'luck' that they won't appear.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 07, 2018, 02:09:12 pm »
Ok, thanks for clarifying.

SCD

• SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 07, 2018, 02:34:19 pm »
That Zero "Got Weapon" portrait looks awesome, you did a excellent job on it Metalwario64.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:01:52 pm by SCD »

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 08, 2018, 03:01:08 am »

Wow! That portrait looks amazing! Great job Metalwario64!

Metalwario64:
I am curious about how the image looks. Is it maxing out the color palette? The effect with the pixels make it look like it's for the sega genesis. What is that pixel effect called dithering? If the color palette isn't maxed out is it possible to add more colors so it doesn't have that dithering effect? If you look at zeros face, forehead, and the blue gems they don't have that dithering effect and it makes the image look more smooth. If all of zero looked like that it would probably make it look a little better. Ether way it is a phenomenal job and congrats on creating it Metalwario64.

justin3009:
Your mmx3 project keeps getting better and better. This is awesome!

G061

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 08, 2018, 05:50:51 pm »
Remarkable job recreating the style of X's weapon get screen imo.

Great work you guys.