News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Metroid: Redesign OFFICIALLY RELEASED, All related questions HERE.  (Read 97796 times)

AlexAR

• View Profile
    • Digital Space
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,1071.45.html

A topic is automatically created for discussion of  news items. This topic is a duplicate.

I'm not usually one to do something like that. But I worked hard on my hack. Maybe I didn't work on it for 2 years, but It deserves its time in the limelight just like Drew's hack.  Rules are important, but they only work when posters AND moderators follow them.

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
You probably didn't notice that this topic was created well before the news topic was.  ;D

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,1071.45.html

A topic is automatically created for discussion of  news items. This topic is a duplicate.

I'm not usually one to do something like that. But I worked hard on my hack. Maybe I didn't work on it for 2 years, but It deserves its time in the limelight just like Drew's hack.  Rules are important, but they only work when posters AND moderators follow them.

Yes, this topic was a different situation.  You know, you could have sent me a PM if you're that upset about it. I would react the same to anyone creating a new topic on the same thing a news update just covered. we want to funnel discussion into a single topic.

Let's not argue the specifics. I've unlocked your topic, OK?
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
Drew has updated the hack, which now stands at version 1.6. I guess you could call it v1.6a, since there were a couple minor issues with the original v1.6 release. There is now a known issue and "fix" to walljumping. Quote from Drew:

It also occured to me why people have such a hard time Walljumping.

when walljumping you need to push away from the wall and press jump (while spinning)

you need to HOLD jump in order to keep your thrusting speed away from the wall, if you let go you will stop in mid air for some glitch that cannot be fixed.

****UPDATED PATCH****

on my website is a new version that eases up a few of the more difficult obsticles in my hack. I have fixed lots more bugs and this patch is deffinatly wrth downloading.

Page with download.

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

Dragonsbrethren

• View Profile
    • Dragonsbrethren Industries
The new version has been added to the site:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/131/

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
Using the 1.6 headered patch on a fresh rom, I go into norfair from a savestate or saved game, when I go into the first room to the right that should have the morphball maze, I just get stuck in blackness.  I have the Ice Beam and Varia as the latest items.  Whats wrong?
Wark!

creaothceann

• SPINESHARK
    • View Profile
    • creaothceann's website
Using the 1.6 headered patch on a fresh rom, I go into norfair from a savestate or saved game, when I go into the first room to the right that should have the morphball maze, I just get stuck in blackness.  I have the Ice Beam and Varia as the latest items.  Whats wrong?
Uh... don't use old savestates or saved games?

SlaydeZero

Re: Super Metroid: Redesign OFFICIALLY RELEASED, All related questions HERE.
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2007, 06:23:31 am »
Greetings!

First off, seeing as how this is my first post here, I would like to thank all those who are rekindling our love for the classics of yester-year! Thank you!

I have recently tried this seemingly to-good-to-be-true hack, and can not seem to get it to run. I have tried:

-3 different roms
-Tried both the headered and non-headered version
-2 IPS patchers (IPSWin & Lunar IPS)
-Numerous emulators (including Zsnes versions: 1.42 1.36 1.50, SNES9X versions: 1.43, and a different version i don't remember, as well as BSNES, and SNES GT)

I have tried every combination you can think of from the above situations (yes I have been trying for about a week!), and they all come out with a bad checksum. What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 06:41:14 am by SlaydeZero »

SlaydeZero

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2007, 06:31:40 am »
sorry for the double post, but ZSNES 1.50 says CRC32:845432EE right next to bad checksum if this means anything

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2007, 09:40:08 pm »
Some times it says bad check sum and the ROM works perfectly.  As for the ROMs, it is hit or miss, just have to keep looking until you find one that works.  It took me a while to find a good ROM for this hack too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 12:06:12 am by SpiffSpoo »
Wark!

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2007, 09:45:59 pm »
You need a valid Super Metroid ROM. Use NSRT to determine the validity.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2007, 10:32:13 pm »
Just keep looking man, go to the "where to find roms" thread on this board here.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,658.0.html

make sure you know the rules. Also you could post the NSRT of the roms you are currently using. If you just keep looking you should find it soon.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

SlaydeZero

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2007, 11:38:57 pm »
You know... Funny thing.. I've been doing this at work.  But, I took my flash drive home and tried it and it worked!

Weird! Thanks for the assist guys! Now to get it to work here. lol

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2007, 11:53:16 am »
That could mean your work's been monitoring what you've been doing...

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 03:53:57 am »
this game doesnt disply Crateria correctly in ZSNES 1.43 its stated in the readme,

and i for one was one of the few first people to get the patch on the gfaqs metroid board <3.

^.^ no one had replied to the topic even
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 04:58:28 pm by Maegra »

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Kiyoshi Aman

• Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2007, 03:40:03 pm »
There is no 1.43. This is not the ZSNES you are looking for. Move along now.

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
NECROMANCY! : Does anyone know where a comprehensive walkthrough of this hack could be found. I'm tired of pawing through old forums looking for hints.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Daniel

Not sure.

Does anyone else seem to get screwy physics when playing this game? I've started going through Crateria after hobbling through Ceres- first time EVER in Super Metroid I actually died in that place. I can deal with faster falling (makes things go quicker), but there seems to be other stuff messed with too that's interfering with the gameplay...

Panzer88

• GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
it's different, but it's not glitchy, it's a good thing it's been awhile since I touched the original otherwise I'd be screwed because you'd be trying to break all your habits. The game is actually helping me play more strategically, use more moves, and not be lazy and stay on my feet with reflexes. I like how enemies have more armor. Having weaker armor myself sucks, and some of the challenges are pretty tough, but all and all it's pretty good.

wall jumping between two walls has become easy to me, even using a joystick, but trying to wall jump up one wall is a bitch. Running is required a lot more, but you can also get away with using your crouching jump a lot.

my main problem is getting stuck and seriously not knowing if I'm supposed to be there or somewhere else. I've done alright but I've still barely scratched the surface. Some of those enemies totally waste you too, like the LARGE hopping dudes, and I bet that's a joke compared to what's coming to me.

anyways I've been slowly loading up youtube speedruns on my dial up to see what to do, it helped me once but I am again mystified on where to go, it would just be easier if their was a text file or something, if not, then I'll just have to figure it out myself. ;)

Maegra

• Negative Nancy
    • View Profile
you could try asking on the IRC

irc.metroid2002.com
Channel: #SMR

also i got this on the gFAQs board, http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=588741&topic=29693821 its a FAQ, but it tell you how to get past certan parts in the game
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:58:39 am by Maegra »

He left my mind intact. I can dream, I can wonder, I can lament. Simply, he has taken his revenge. I have no mouth. And I must scream.