News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Romance of Forgotten Kingdom (DOS) Translation  (Read 24776 times)

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
Re: Romance of Forgotten Kingdom (DOS) Translation
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2013, 11:35:46 pm »
This Game looks excellent! :D I'd wonder if it's possible to port a dos 16-bit rpg game like this to the Super Famicom/SNES or the Sega Genesis w/english translation? tho i'll take many years or months for that too happen! :-\

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 12:32:48 am »
It also goes under this name if you try to look it up.

망국전기

bradzx

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 12:08:20 pm »
Thank you bro.  You are the best.   :thumbsup:
Are you huge fan of Megaman Xtreme 2?   Then check this progress of Remastered version!

derboo

• View Profile
    • derboo's Translation Page
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »
This Game looks excellent! :D I'd wonder if it's possible to port a dos 16-bit rpg game like this to the Super Famicom/SNES or the Sega Genesis w/english translation? tho i'll take many years or months for that too happen! :-\

The game files take up much more space than even the largest 16-bit cartridges. It should be possible with a more economic composition and/or compression, though, the game isn't all that big. Of course you'd also have to deal with lower resolution (SNES) and lower color depth (Genesis), but other than that, the game has nothing that would go beyond either system's capabilities.

DSwizzy145

• Super Famicom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Super Famicom Game List A-C + SNES Game List
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »
The game files take up much more space than even the largest 16-bit cartridges. It should be possible with a more economic composition and/or compression, though, the game isn't all that big. Of course you'd also have to deal with lower resolution (SNES) and lower color depth (Genesis), but other than that, the game has nothing that would go beyond either system's capabilities.
True your right but are the special effects have that SNES type game engine sorta for it to port easily? like rotation DSP-1 chip type effects or similar?

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2013, 11:37:45 am »
Awesome work, and DOS no less. Impressive.