News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Ball Z : Super Gokuuden - Totsugeki-Hen [Patch released]  (Read 20440 times)

Hiei-

• View Profile
Dragon Ball Z : Super Gokuuden - Totsugeki-Hen [Patch released]
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:35 pm »
I took over Kakkoii translations' project with their agreement, and redone the hack with a friend, which give something like that :

Before/After :

Removed the old limitations with ASM hacking and such, added a better VWF font (ripped from FF6), automatized the texts insertion/pointers calculation, modified 16-bits pointers to 24-bits with ASM, rewritten the text routine (old one was using 2 bytes for each character, new one is using only 1 byte for each, which now gives 450 kb of more free space in the rom, which can also be expanded to 4M if needed with the new 24-bits pointers (so more free space that the translation could ever need).

So what is missing is just the end of the translation, not so much by the way (300 dialogs, or less, for each, one dialog is often between 1 and 4 lines) :

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/1_Baba_palace_until_the_next_save_point.sjs (293 dialogs, 32 Kb) (translated)

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/2_2nd_Tenkaichi_Budokai_until_the_next_save_point.sjs (331 dialogs, 37,9 Kb) (translated)

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/3_Until_Piccolo_made_his_appearence_in_front_of_Goku.sjs (270 dialogs, 30,4 Kb) (translated)

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/4_Until_Goku_drinks_the_holy_water_once_Yajirobe_brings_him_at_the_top_of_Karin_Tower.sjs (210 dialogs, 23,3 Kb) (translated)

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/5_Until_the_ending_credits_of_the_game.sjs (144 dialogs, 17,3 Kb) (translated)

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/6_speechs_after_the_game_ending_credits.sjs (84 dialogs, 10,6 Kb) (translated)

I can provide a patch and a savestate to the translators, the patch will look like that :

So the translators can play and translate at the same time, and so, see who talks, which context, etc...

Dump looks like that :

[BEGIN Dialog-02582]
//ボクたちの 他にも
//何人か来ているみたいだな<END>
Dialog-02582<END>
[END]

// are commentaries not reinserted by the text inserter and is the japanese dialogs.

"Dialog-02582" is the text inserted by the text inserter and is where the translation should be written.

<EOP> (means "end of page") can be used to display a new page in the textbox window.

<EOL> (means "end of line") can be used to force a line-break, but is not necessary (as you can see in the japanese dumps).

Feel free to post or pm me if you are interested to translate one of the dumps, and/or if you have questions about the project.

(And thanks to support my "engrish", as I'm not a native english speaker)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:59:14 pm by Hiei- »

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Dragon Ball Z : Super Gokuuden - Totsugeki-Hen
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:08:10 pm »
I'm quite impressed. However, that is ALOT of text to ask for people to translate. You should probably find someone to bring to the project and translate all of that, rather than asking for it here. This subforum is usually for smaller translations.

I suggest you put out a help-wanted ad, and perhaps put a bunch of progress shots together for a news post and ask for interested translators to contact you. I don't see why you wouldn't get at least a few responses.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:30:07 pm »
Others infos, entire script is 547kb, remaining script is 151 kb, so 27% remain to be translated.

About the topic, if a moderator wants to move it, feel free to do, I'm new here so I wasn't sure if it was the good location to ask.

I'll also try to make a post in "help wanted ads".

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:49 pm »
Oh, the post is in the right place. It's just that it's such a large amount. Normally the stuff that gets posted here is pretty small.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:06:36 am »
I put the link of this topic to the "Help wanted ads", that way, people will be able to see screenshots, get the dumps, and also answer/post here if they want.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:26:03 pm by Hiei- »

navybill1984

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 05:16:03 pm »
Wow that looks really good. It was hard to play this game when it was first kinda translated for me because of the font and what not, but that looks A LOT more playable.

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:43:31 pm »
The new patch won't be completely playable though as a 1/3 of the game will always be untranslated, except if some translators offers their help to translations the remaining texts.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:44:40 pm by Hiei- »

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
I thought it could be interesting to write a new message here, to say that the translation has been resumed thanks to the helpof someone who was searching something to translate and who saw the Ads on the site.

60% of the first file has been translated in only a few days so, for the moment, it's very promising.

Meanwhile, all the old dialogs has been reinserted back in the new hack and the old dialogs are actually being reworded to take advantage of the text space limit removal.

We first planned to release a new patch once all the old dialogs would have been reinserted back in the new hack, but now that someone started to translate the remaining texts again, we'll, of course, wait to release a patch (better wait until the whole remaining texts will be translated).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:55:48 pm by Hiei- »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:03 pm »
That's great news! I'm very interested in this game, but I lost track of the project sometime back. By the way, are you also working together with neige on the English translation of Crystal Beans from Dungeon Explorer? I know that there's a site with a French translation of Crystal Beans, but I can't remember the name of it. Would you happen to know the link? Thanks in advance!
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:54:12 am »
Crystal Beans (Japanese to French translation) : http://traf.romhack.org/?page=patches3&action=file&id=1086

Someone was supposed to do the english translation but I didn't get any news from this person since a while (probably busy).

I might personally make the english translation sooner or later (the script isn't that big, it's just more or less 300 dialogs), but it would require some "heavy" editing, as english isn't my native language.

If someone don't mind to edit my engrish, feel free to pm me, and it might motivate me to do the english translation myself.

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:42:23 am »
I'll offer to edit it. I do that sort of thing quite a bit anyways.

Gideon Zhi

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 02:46:46 pm »
If someone don't mind to edit my engrish, feel free to pm me, and it might motivate me to do the english translation myself.

I tried, but you've "blocked" PMs from me?

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:05 am »
Eh ? o_O

Oh I see, I just noticed my profile was setup to only accept "administrators pm", I wasn't aware of it ^^;

I just modified it.

I started to translate it yesterday by the way, I did like 30% of the script.

January 27, 2011, 08:47:22 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'll offer to edit it. I do that sort of thing quite a bit anyways.

Okay, then.

I'll send you the complete translated script once it'll be done (probably this week-end, I'm now at like 50% of it).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:47:22 am by Hiei- »

Blank_User

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 10:45:53 am »
Is this project still up? Because I want to try to translate some if it is ok to you.  :D
I wonder did you try comparing the dialogue from the anime or manga?

July 08, 2015, 10:49:39 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Another question. I don't know how to use the patch can you tell me how to patch it. Thanks

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 06:21:06 pm »
It's still up and the last parts which require translation are actually being worked on.

Last news can be found here : http://www.kakkoiitranslations.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197&start=435

About patching, it's pretty easy, just need to use a patching program like LunarIPS for example.

Blank_User

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
The link you gave doesn't work. When I click it. It says-"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpBB/viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

What I mean is; the patch that is posted in this site doesn't work. When a patch my ROM then I start my game it only turns black. I hope you could help me. I really like this game. Thanks :)

July 08, 2015, 08:27:28 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
One more thing. Is the patch posted here new?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:51:16 pm by Blank_User »

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:12 am »
Oh, I only gave this link for the news, I didn't released a new patch yet since I overtook the project.

I could release one but it wouldn't be really playable as I removed all old side texts (everything except main script) so techniques and such are labelled as "Techs-XXXXX".

I guess a beta one will be released during summer, once the whole script will finally be completely translated.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:18:35 pm by Hiei- »

Blank_User

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 01:36:36 am »
Ahhh. Ok I'll be wating for that patch I guess. I hope you would be succesfull. One more thing if its is ok to you, could you release the patch together with the rom? Because the ROM is very confusing. Others says it was interchanged. Or you could release a ROM that is patched already. I hope it's not too much to ask from you.  :)

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 05:11:59 am »
Once it's released, I'll give the CRC of the rom so you'll be sure to have the good one.

I think you are refering of the name error. Goodsnes called the game "Kakusei-Hen" when the game is, in fact, called "Totsugeki-Hen".

"Kakusei-Hen" is the name of the sequel, the one which cover from the third tournament to Freezer story.

Still working on it, just finished to translate one more untranslated part (Red Ribbon Army) and will send it to the editor, so now, only one more part in the game is still untranslated, the second tournament. Main script translation is up to 87%.

Once this part will be translated, the main script will be 100% translated and then, I will be able to release a first complete beta patch.

Edit : New part translated. The first big gap is filled (Red Ribbon Army) and the game now is now fully translated until the second tournament.

Now, only the second tournament dialogs (and a little part just after) are remaining.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:30:54 am by Hiei- »

Hiei-

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 07:33:33 pm »
As I got some questions in pm, I wanted to say I still give news about the project on the original forum : http://www.kakkoiitranslations.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=197&start=450

Actually, there are only two littles untranslated parts remaining and I expect to release a beta version before the end of the year.

The script is near fully translated and edited. The only missing thing of the beta version will be battle texts, I guess (but if we have enough time to do them, we'll add them) but the game is fully playable without them anyway so it shouldn't impact this beta version.

More than a beta version, the planned patch is clearly to show people the project is not dead and near completion.

Note that the beta version will use the anime names. The final version will offer two choices, one patch with the anime names (english) and one with the manga names (japanese names).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:45:26 am by Hiei- »