Since I last posted, had Akuma-kun hacking done.
I guess I will need to use my crappy drawing skills to try to get the title hacked.
Also, same for Castle Ayakashi for the Game Boy.
Most recent thing I started doing was to take up tashi's abandoned Casper SFC translation.
I made a font and script dumper/inserter. (I know he used Atlas, but I guess I kind of like to reinvent the wheel
). Good practice, though.
Kind of deciding for this translation if I should try to hack the 8x16 to use a dual-line 8x8, especially as it seems the game is designed to only show one line at a time.
Though I did reduce the indent from 6 tiles to 2 (to avoid the overscan area, which isn't really necessary these days but I feel it still looks a bit more "authentic").
I also changed the text encoding to single-byte and added DTE on top of it be overkill-sure that ROM space for the text won't be an issue.
Haven't checked on the graphic cutscenes (which was the reason tashi stopped), but I'm sure it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Strange the text was duplicated in the main text but was unused.