Facebook likes isn't really metric for anything.
Before that were was a celebration for 5 Million (!) downloads in the Japanese version alone.
The (International) Android version has 66k ratings. The Android store puts the number of installations in the 500k-1M bracket.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number of downloads globally and across all platforms crossed into double digit million territory already.
Also, even if it was only 1.1M earnings, that would still be a profit, considering this game was extremely cheap to make. But I'm sure they made a killing on it and continue to make it.
You have no idea how insane some mobile players are. You can't approach this with a hardcore gamer's logic, those people don't play by our rules
They just throw tons of money at useless things. I played quite a few F2P games over the years on the side (Star Trek Online, Marvel Puzzle Quest, Neverwinter, some Game of Throne thingy now this) and it's always the same mechanisms. It may look illogical to us, but all of those games were successful with a businessmodel based on asking a ton of money for little in return. If 1% of the playerbase is retarded enough it's sufficient to carry the other 99%. The F2P industry runs on the principle of exploiting "whales".