« on: April 09, 2014, 10:34:09 am »
That's beyond the scope of what I set out to do with this patch, but I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. I do agree that the amount of inconsistencies and gratuitous Japanese is atrocious. I didn't bother me when I played this way back when, but now it's irksome, to say the least. However, I think this script needs more than a simple search-and-replace. A fair scrubbing is in order.
Sorry, I didn't see this topic got any replies until just now.
Really, just a find and search would work well enough for me. Yeah, a scrubbing would definitely be best, but a find and replace for all of the inconsistencies and random Japanese suffixes is enough effort for a game that wasn't really all that well written, anyway. All IMO of course.