News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Draken

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Front Page News / Re: Site: RHDN 3.0 Site Refresh Launched!
« on: June 24, 2017, 12:50:43 am »
Looking good, everyone!  Well done!  :beer:

Hoot, hoot! Holla, Holla! Well done, old chap!

That makes a lot of sense, too, as the French translation specifically mentions the name of one of the developers and not XAKSFX.  I wonder what "extra" they are hinting at, though...  The only bonus materials included in the game are the sound room and art gallery.  Oddly, though, both are inaccessible (already been missed) at the point in the game in which the text displays, so it's a little odd.. I may end up editing this message a little more in the final version so that it won't be so vague.

Thanks to both of you! I feel much more confident in my translation now. Although I'm not 100% on what "Xaksfx" is, the only logical explanation is that this is referring to the hidden "sound test room".

I've got the gist of what's being said, but I just want to be certain.  It's a little developer easter egg that pops up near the end of the game.


I do know, as well as anyone in the modding scene, that sometimes compromises have to be made...

Don't worry, Dynamic-Designs is not averse to feedback or making changes based on said feedback (/see Galaxy Robo font change)

It's funny.  I find that fonts are one of of the pickiest aspects of fan translations these days.  I guess that's a good thing, though, as it's a relative easy thing to change (as opposed to redoing a script)

it's weird that they decided to use Hiragana and used a tilde instead of the ー.

I can only guess that this was done to show the "cuteness" of the pronunciation.  The tilde is used this way all the time in Korean as well - at least when kids are chatting on the internet.

Codes were known to cause problems with the game during testing, so you should
definitely try turning them off to see if you get the same result.

ROM Hacking Discussion / Re: ARETHA....... II . Im Scared
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:48:26 am »
You'd probably be better off waiting for it to get done by Dynamic-Designs than attempting to mess with incomplete/abandoned projects.  Not really sure why Bongo` keeps his "unabandoned" projects here. Maybe they're for educational purposes ;)

Needs "G.O.D. Pure: Growth or Devolution"

It's a remake/upgraded version of the SNES G.O.D. game.

Script Help and Language Discussion / Re: メデューン Medyun?
« on: May 02, 2016, 01:46:52 am »
Not to spoil too much, but the game does involve battling numerous gods (What a shock with a title like G.O.D.).  Some of the enemy names throughout the game are written properly in Japanese, while others are modified slightly (usually to create a pun).  As far as this particular enemy is concerned, I suppose we have 3 options:

1. exact phonetics: Medyun, Medune, Medyune
2. likely origin: Medusa
3. pun: Madusa, Merdusa

I'm leaning more towards #3.  It may sound kind of lame, but the game uses these kinds of puns throughout.

@Filler: Medusa is the original way this was translated in the monster list.

Script Help and Language Discussion / Re: メデューン Medyun?
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:30:17 am »
Just to add a little... メデューン is most likely a pun of Medusa and something else... (As Zynk guessed correctly). I'm not sure of the exact pun that's being conveyed, but it will have to be changed to something else in English.

The more interesting part is that the enemy description appears to be for an enemy called a "Tasmanian Beetle".  Seems like a really out of place description for that particular enemy...

Hehe. Given the time of Bongo`'s reply, I'd assume you're looking at a on-the-way-to-work-using-my-tiny-phone-to-quickly-post-something-to-the-board kind of message.  ;D

As a fellow OSX user, I have also run into a few bugs with this program (i.e. when making IPS patches).  It's a shame really because there are so few tools for people on macs to use, so that's why you always have to have Wine, Virtualbox, or Bootcamp around for when you need to use windows-based software. 

The "strikeout" fairy has magically visited that page ;)

DF and I used to correspond a lot on ICQ back in the day, but we lost contact with each other many, many eons ago.  I'm surprised to see he posted here last year as it flew totally under my radar.  I hope he's doing well!

Sorry to add to your list, but does anyone know how "Stovetop" (from J2E) is doing these days?

General Discussion / Re: "None blacker." or Blues Rock Music
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:24 pm »
For my blues rock fix, I always go back to North Mississippi Allstars's Shake Hands with Shorty (title track ). The whole album is basically one big cover of R.L. Burnside songs.  Dirty southern blues all the way, baby!

Since the font discussion started here, I hope no one minds me posting a quick update.  See old vs new fonts:



I hope it's a little easier on the eyes.

@BlackDog61: Sorry, but last I checked there was absolutely nothing out there regarding this game (In English).

@Gemini: Sorry for not answering, but I'm hoping maybe Bongo` will stop by and give you a more in-depth explanation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7