I recently did some graphics updates and surely anyone will agree that the general environment is really redundant and really simple. There was so much to improve on. I know its getting off the topic of the whole code thing but take a look I also redid the cave you encounter later on in the game so it looks completely different as you descend to the 3rd and 4th level which unfortunately i do not have pics of at the moment to display.
Here are a few games you might be able to pull some ok Sprites for the new level just in case you wanted to throw a few pre-made designs in.
Journey to Silius Zombie Nation Zen Intergalactic Ninja Xexyz Wai Wai World 1 + 2 Vice - Project Doom Trojan Tetsuwan Atom Tokkyuu Shirei - Solbrain (J).nes Strider Street Fighter 2010 Contra Super C Gradius 1 +2 Life Force Power Blade 1+2 Probotector II - Return of the Evil Forces (E).nes Ninja Gaiden series Blaster Maste Bionic Commando Abadox Alien 3 Clash At Demonhead
I think you would agree on this but don't you think the in town music should be changed? It really is such a huge turn off to the game when you start off on it. Sounds extremely cheesy and generic for a game that really is not that bad.
If you can definitely verify that for each ROM this was done to, I would say go ahead and add credit for CZ_ROM. If i would have known about this person doing ROM Expansions to fit more data for the teams I would have put him down on the credits for doing so but not too much info was given on most of these files i got from tecmobowl.org.
Wanted to upload this to the hacks section but rules state that it is a no go. Figured i would post it here in case somebody wants to tinker with it and finish it up seeing how it has had a descent amount of work done to it already. It hasn't been touched in about 12 years and there is no way to contact the maker of this as far as i have tried to find so have fun with it
Going to have to bite the bullet on this one and learn how to do that the right way. When i started this project years ago i used to just send the screen dumps to a person and did it like that. Now as far as doing a txt dump I'm just trying to get it to output the japanese txt instead of the garbled stuff it outputs at the moment. Going to play around with and see what i get. Got to learn how to do this right eventually... In the meantime if anybody wants to lend me hand with these photos for this and help wrap this up i would be most grateful till i figure out a proper txt dump for this.
Lazy! Nah... There are 87 photos and the i don't think the forum moderators would want me to overload it with pictures otherwise i would have done that from day one. If you want though i could email them individually if the .rar file is an issue. Just wanting to get this wrapped up and finished off as soon as possible and work on something else. This is taking longer than it should have.